The fantasy genre has its baggage – Renaissance fairs, role-playing games, Christopher Lambert. So credit Fallon for exploring themes like dirty politics and religious tolerance for the launch of her Hythrun Chronicles series, a best-seller in her native Australia. As a shrewish mother schemes her way into leading the Sisterhood, an atheistic matriarchy that rules the country of Medalon, her soldier son and feisty teen daughter flee, vowing to take down the evil empire. But the girl turns out to be an orphan descended from a magical race close to extinction, and the not-quite siblings’ quest twists into an intriguing soap opera of espionage and family revelations. Not so intriguing: the sister-brother romance that ignites after they learn they’re not technically related. Ewwww.
Medalon The fantasy genre has its baggage -- Renaissance fairs, role-playing games, Christopher Lambert. So credit Fallon for exploring themes like dirty...MedalonSci-fi and Fantasy, FictionJennifer Fallon The fantasy genre has its baggage -- Renaissance fairs, role-playing games, Christopher Lambert. So credit Fallon for exploring themes like dirty...2004-04-30
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Fiction; Author: Jennifer Fallon
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!