When American Idol’s Jennifer Hudson named Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit her all-time favorite flick on the show’s April 14 episode, the masses, no doubt, snickered. But we feel compelled to defend Whoopi and Co.’s honor. Sure, it’s not the obvious choice for cinematic greatness (like, say, contestant Jasmine Trias’ pick, Lilo & Stitch), but there’s a good reason high school chorus geeks and Idol wannabes sing the praises of this dopey-but-cute fluff musical – namely, a pre-Fugees Lauryn Hill bringin’ down the cathedral with her gorgeous gospel pipes. At last, Habit fans who’ve long feared public humiliation can admit their affection. Amen, Jennifer!
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'
- Bob Dylan finally acknowledges his Nobel Prize
- Why 'Pumpkinhead' is the perfect Halloween movie