When American Idol’s Jennifer Hudson named Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit her all-time favorite flick on the show’s April 14 episode, the masses, no doubt, snickered. But we feel compelled to defend Whoopi and Co.’s honor. Sure, it’s not the obvious choice for cinematic greatness (like, say, contestant Jasmine Trias’ pick, Lilo & Stitch), but there’s a good reason high school chorus geeks and Idol wannabes sing the praises of this dopey-but-cute fluff musical – namely, a pre-Fugees Lauryn Hill bringin’ down the cathedral with her gorgeous gospel pipes. At last, Habit fans who’ve long feared public humiliation can admit their affection. Amen, Jennifer!
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages