When American Idol’s Jennifer Hudson named Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit her all-time favorite flick on the show’s April 14 episode, the masses, no doubt, snickered. But we feel compelled to defend Whoopi and Co.’s honor. Sure, it’s not the obvious choice for cinematic greatness (like, say, contestant Jasmine Trias’ pick, Lilo & Stitch), but there’s a good reason high school chorus geeks and Idol wannabes sing the praises of this dopey-but-cute fluff musical – namely, a pre-Fugees Lauryn Hill bringin’ down the cathedral with her gorgeous gospel pipes. At last, Habit fans who’ve long feared public humiliation can admit their affection. Amen, Jennifer!
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Joyce Carol Oates expands on PEN award protest following award for 'Charlie Hebdo'
- David Letterman's studio was thrown in the trash
- Joel McHale to host this year's ESPY Awards
- Universal reveals My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 release date
- Zedd shares his ultimate Memorial Day Weekend playlist
- 'Marshall Mathers LP' at 15: Revisit Eminem's best live performances
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!