When American Idol’s Jennifer Hudson named Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit her all-time favorite flick on the show’s April 14 episode, the masses, no doubt, snickered. But we feel compelled to defend Whoopi and Co.’s honor. Sure, it’s not the obvious choice for cinematic greatness (like, say, contestant Jasmine Trias’ pick, Lilo & Stitch), but there’s a good reason high school chorus geeks and Idol wannabes sing the praises of this dopey-but-cute fluff musical – namely, a pre-Fugees Lauryn Hill bringin’ down the cathedral with her gorgeous gospel pipes. At last, Habit fans who’ve long feared public humiliation can admit their affection. Amen, Jennifer!
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'