When American Idol’s Jennifer Hudson named Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit her all-time favorite flick on the show’s April 14 episode, the masses, no doubt, snickered. But we feel compelled to defend Whoopi and Co.’s honor. Sure, it’s not the obvious choice for cinematic greatness (like, say, contestant Jasmine Trias’ pick, Lilo & Stitch), but there’s a good reason high school chorus geeks and Idol wannabes sing the praises of this dopey-but-cute fluff musical – namely, a pre-Fugees Lauryn Hill bringin’ down the cathedral with her gorgeous gospel pipes. At last, Habit fans who’ve long feared public humiliation can admit their affection. Amen, Jennifer!
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!