A luxuriously brutish story set in 1950s Glasgow, the very opposite of ”nice” – and that’s a compliment. Freed from the constrictions of glamour, Ewan McGregor is a marvel of alluring unlikability as an amoral drifter.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Ewan McGregor, Tilda Swinton, Alan Cooke, Peter Mullan; Director: David Mackenzie; Author: David Mackenzie; Runtime (in minutes): 99; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Marvel teases 'Ant-Man' in fake news report
- Harper Lee's 'Go Set a Watchman' might have discovered earlier than reported
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season finale
- Here are the TV marathons you can binge this Fourth of July weekend
- 'Star Wars' comic sets up 'Force Awakens'
- In this week's EW: 'Unbreakable' — An Oral History
- 'Empire' recurring role for Marisa Tomei