A luxuriously brutish story set in 1950s Glasgow, the very opposite of ”nice” – and that’s a compliment. Freed from the constrictions of glamour, Ewan McGregor is a marvel of alluring unlikability as an amoral drifter.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Ewan McGregor, Tilda Swinton, Alan Cooke, Peter Mullan; Director: David Mackenzie; Author: David Mackenzie; Runtime (in minutes): 99; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted April 30 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt