Once synonymous with flimsy T-shirts, summer-movie fashion tie-ins are going swanky. Fifth Avenue retailer Henri Bendel is launching a clothing line ”inspired” by Halle Berry’s Catwoman to coincide with the film’s July release. And that’s just scratching the surface: Trendy L.A. boutique Kitson offers a collection (with hoodies and handbags) starring Archie gal pals Betty and Veronica, tied to Miramax’s planned movie inspired by the comic. And designer Thomas Pink fetes 40 years of The Pink Panther with a line of shirts and ties, and cuff links (Steve Martin will play bumbling Inspector Clouseau in ‘05). ”Instead of taking a mass-market in-and-out approach,” says MGM VP of worldwide marketing Trish Halamandaris of the Panther tie-ins, ”[we’re targeting] the consumer who will remember this franchise.”
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Demi Lovato and Michelle Rodriguez face off in new 'Confident' music video
- Neil Young announces new live album culled from 1988 concerts
- New York Comic-Con reacts to 'Containment' pilot
- The best #TGIT Twitter reactions
- 4 stars share their favorite musical moments
- Great Debates: Is the ultimate mob movie 'Goodfellas' or 'The Godfather'?
- Darby Stanchfield was surprised to learn that the NBA loves 'Scandal'