Once synonymous with flimsy T-shirts, summer-movie fashion tie-ins are going swanky. Fifth Avenue retailer Henri Bendel is launching a clothing line ”inspired” by Halle Berry’s Catwoman to coincide with the film’s July release. And that’s just scratching the surface: Trendy L.A. boutique Kitson offers a collection (with hoodies and handbags) starring Archie gal pals Betty and Veronica, tied to Miramax’s planned movie inspired by the comic. And designer Thomas Pink fetes 40 years of The Pink Panther with a line of shirts and ties, and cuff links (Steve Martin will play bumbling Inspector Clouseau in ‘05). ”Instead of taking a mass-market in-and-out approach,” says MGM VP of worldwide marketing Trish Halamandaris of the Panther tie-ins, ”[we’re targeting] the consumer who will remember this franchise.”
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!