Once synonymous with flimsy T-shirts, summer-movie fashion tie-ins are going swanky. Fifth Avenue retailer Henri Bendel is launching a clothing line ”inspired” by Halle Berry’s Catwoman to coincide with the film’s July release. And that’s just scratching the surface: Trendy L.A. boutique Kitson offers a collection (with hoodies and handbags) starring Archie gal pals Betty and Veronica, tied to Miramax’s planned movie inspired by the comic. And designer Thomas Pink fetes 40 years of The Pink Panther with a line of shirts and ties, and cuff links (Steve Martin will play bumbling Inspector Clouseau in ‘05). ”Instead of taking a mass-market in-and-out approach,” says MGM VP of worldwide marketing Trish Halamandaris of the Panther tie-ins, ”[we’re targeting] the consumer who will remember this franchise.”
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!