Once synonymous with flimsy T-shirts, summer-movie fashion tie-ins are going swanky. Fifth Avenue retailer Henri Bendel is launching a clothing line ”inspired” by Halle Berry’s Catwoman to coincide with the film’s July release. And that’s just scratching the surface: Trendy L.A. boutique Kitson offers a collection (with hoodies and handbags) starring Archie gal pals Betty and Veronica, tied to Miramax’s planned movie inspired by the comic. And designer Thomas Pink fetes 40 years of The Pink Panther with a line of shirts and ties, and cuff links (Steve Martin will play bumbling Inspector Clouseau in ‘05). ”Instead of taking a mass-market in-and-out approach,” says MGM VP of worldwide marketing Trish Halamandaris of the Panther tie-ins, ”[we’re targeting] the consumer who will remember this franchise.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Netflix releases trailer for 'The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir' documentary
- Samantha Bee debriefs about The Daily Show, her new TBS comedy, and her soul
- Lifetime launches initiative to promote women in the entertainment industry
- Khloe Kardashian confirms Kylie Jenner had some help with those plump lips
- 'Bones' preview: 'They could be executing an innocent man'
- Sony orders second season of 'Powers'
- 'I Am Big Bird' directors on how the film became a love story: Watch an exclusive clip
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!