BATMAN BEGINS We already knew Christian Bale looks good in a suit; he wore several to killer effect in 2000’s American Psycho. But now we know Bale also models the fashions of Gotham City nicely. This exclusive image reveals the new Batman – and by ”new” we mean completely new. Director Christopher Nolan (Memento) is rooting the visual concept of Batman Begins (due June 2005) in Frank Miller’s graphic novel Batman: Year One and other comics sources – not in the work of former franchise custodians Tim Burton and (shudder) Joel Schumacher. Perhaps that’s why this gray-on-black Batsuit has a no-nonsense quality to it – or as no-nonsense as you can get and still have bat ears. One thing’s certain: Bale’s definitely got the chops – and the chin – for the part.
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Candis Cayne on 'Young and the Restless' (and the famous friend she brought along)
- 'Rosewood' books guest star Joy Bryant
- James Bay looks back on his stellar debut year
- 'Star Wars'-themed movie theater set to open
- Holland Taylor opens up about relationship with younger woman
- J.J. Abrams on the making of the #Force4Ham sequence