BATMAN BEGINS We already knew Christian Bale looks good in a suit; he wore several to killer effect in 2000’s American Psycho. But now we know Bale also models the fashions of Gotham City nicely. This exclusive image reveals the new Batman – and by ”new” we mean completely new. Director Christopher Nolan (Memento) is rooting the visual concept of Batman Begins (due June 2005) in Frank Miller’s graphic novel Batman: Year One and other comics sources – not in the work of former franchise custodians Tim Burton and (shudder) Joel Schumacher. Perhaps that’s why this gray-on-black Batsuit has a no-nonsense quality to it – or as no-nonsense as you can get and still have bat ears. One thing’s certain: Bale’s definitely got the chops – and the chin – for the part.
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors