BATMAN BEGINS We already knew Christian Bale looks good in a suit; he wore several to killer effect in 2000’s American Psycho. But now we know Bale also models the fashions of Gotham City nicely. This exclusive image reveals the new Batman – and by ”new” we mean completely new. Director Christopher Nolan (Memento) is rooting the visual concept of Batman Begins (due June 2005) in Frank Miller’s graphic novel Batman: Year One and other comics sources – not in the work of former franchise custodians Tim Burton and (shudder) Joel Schumacher. Perhaps that’s why this gray-on-black Batsuit has a no-nonsense quality to it – or as no-nonsense as you can get and still have bat ears. One thing’s certain: Bale’s definitely got the chops – and the chin – for the part.
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take