BATMAN BEGINS We already knew Christian Bale looks good in a suit; he wore several to killer effect in 2000’s American Psycho. But now we know Bale also models the fashions of Gotham City nicely. This exclusive image reveals the new Batman – and by ”new” we mean completely new. Director Christopher Nolan (Memento) is rooting the visual concept of Batman Begins (due June 2005) in Frank Miller’s graphic novel Batman: Year One and other comics sources – not in the work of former franchise custodians Tim Burton and (shudder) Joel Schumacher. Perhaps that’s why this gray-on-black Batsuit has a no-nonsense quality to it – or as no-nonsense as you can get and still have bat ears. One thing’s certain: Bale’s definitely got the chops – and the chin – for the part.
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jesse McCartney admits he's 'not a computer person,' carpools with 'Young & Hungry' co-star
- Bill Paxton talks 'Texas Rising': 'I believe I was born to play Sam Houston'
- Arya ready? 'Game of Thrones' fave Maisie Williams on life as wildest woman in Westeros
- Herman Wouk to release memoir in honor of 100th birthday
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' Netflix revival: 8 new photos
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!