Not even an unfashionable downpour could deter New York City’s style mavens from attending the April 26 Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute gala (the theme was ”Dangerous Liaisons”), cohosted by Renee Zellweger, Vogue editrix Anna Wintour, and Asprey chairman Lawrence Stroll. With soaking trains in hand, busty belles such as J. Lo (who arrived with designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana) and Charlize Theron enjoyed 18th-century art and 21st-century musical performances (by Hugh Jackman and N.E.R.D.), not to mention a little reverse star-gazing. ”I can’t wait to meet Zac Posen,” gushed Eva Mendes. ”I’m wearing one of his dresses!”
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jennifer Lopez will judge and mentor dancers on NBC's 'World of Dance'
- 10 magical GIFs from the new 'Fantastic Beasts' trailer
- 'Billy on the Street' trailer features Jacob Tremblay, Lupita Nyong'o
- Every song on Stevie Wonder's 'Songs in the Key of Life,' ranked
- Brooke Shields is returning to 'The Middle' this season
- 'High Maintenance' renewed for a second season on HBO
- YouTube stars KSI and Caspar Lee try to get 'Laid in America'