Not even an unfashionable downpour could deter New York City’s style mavens from attending the April 26 Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute gala (the theme was ”Dangerous Liaisons”), cohosted by Renee Zellweger, Vogue editrix Anna Wintour, and Asprey chairman Lawrence Stroll. With soaking trains in hand, busty belles such as J. Lo (who arrived with designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana) and Charlize Theron enjoyed 18th-century art and 21st-century musical performances (by Hugh Jackman and N.E.R.D.), not to mention a little reverse star-gazing. ”I can’t wait to meet Zac Posen,” gushed Eva Mendes. ”I’m wearing one of his dresses!”
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!