Not even an unfashionable downpour could deter New York City’s style mavens from attending the April 26 Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute gala (the theme was ”Dangerous Liaisons”), cohosted by Renee Zellweger, Vogue editrix Anna Wintour, and Asprey chairman Lawrence Stroll. With soaking trains in hand, busty belles such as J. Lo (who arrived with designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana) and Charlize Theron enjoyed 18th-century art and 21st-century musical performances (by Hugh Jackman and N.E.R.D.), not to mention a little reverse star-gazing. ”I can’t wait to meet Zac Posen,” gushed Eva Mendes. ”I’m wearing one of his dresses!”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!