Live Bait, the second novel by P. J. Tracy – a pseudonym for a mother-daughter writing team – follows the quirky characters introduced in last year’s ”Monkeewrench”: post-traumatic computer programmer Grace MacBride, who won’t go anywhere without her English riding boots or her pistol; her brilliant business partner, Harley Davidson; and the charming detective duo of Leo Magozzi and Gino Rolseth. This time, the cops are tracking the murderer of Jewish geriatrics in Minneapolis. It doesn’t sound sexy, but ”Bait” is quick-witted and -paced, with a snappy plot that incorporates romance, gore, and a surprise ending. For those who mourn that Patricia Cornwell ain’t what she used to be, Tracy’s a wondrous discovery.
Live BaitLive Bait, the second novel by P. J. Tracy -- a pseudonym for a mother-daughter writing team -- follows the quirky characters introduced in last...Live BaitMystery and Thriller, FictionP.J. TracyLive Bait, the second novel by P. J. Tracy -- a pseudonym for a mother-daughter writing team -- follows the quirky characters introduced in last...2004-05-07
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: P.J. Tracy
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Key & Peele' have a very 'awkward' conversation about pop-culture opinions
- Starz boss scolds TV critics over HBO 'feud': 'Shame ... behave yourselves'
- Coach Taylor wants you to 'turn your goddamn cell phones off' in new PSA
- 'The Astronaut Wives Club' postmortem: Haley Strode reflects on all of those astronaut deaths
- All hail Jeremy Renner, Setup Man
- Disclosure reveal Miguel, The Weeknd and rest of CARACAL track list
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen addresses the rampant throwing of challenges
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!