At first listen, Fante’s soulful debut may trigger a musical synapse in your brain – you’ve heard it before but can’t connect it to today’s neo-soul sound. That’s because Rewind is a tribute to ’60s R&B, replete with jabbing horns and rollicking organ. And Fante, who echoes the holler-and-groan emotionality of Sam Cooke and Otis Redding (”It Ain’t Easy”), has the main ingredient. Whether listeners are ready to go back to the future remains to be seen.
Rewind At first listen, Fante's soulful debut may trigger a musical synapse in your brain -- you've heard it before but can't connect it to today's neo-soul...Rewind At first listen, Fante's soulful debut may trigger a musical synapse in your brain -- you've heard it before but can't connect it to today's neo-soul...2004-05-07
Lead Performer: Ricky Fante; Producer (group): Virgin
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!