At first listen, Fante’s soulful debut may trigger a musical synapse in your brain – you’ve heard it before but can’t connect it to today’s neo-soul sound. That’s because Rewind is a tribute to ’60s R&B, replete with jabbing horns and rollicking organ. And Fante, who echoes the holler-and-groan emotionality of Sam Cooke and Otis Redding (”It Ain’t Easy”), has the main ingredient. Whether listeners are ready to go back to the future remains to be seen.
Rewind At first listen, Fante's soulful debut may trigger a musical synapse in your brain -- you've heard it before but can't connect it to today's neo-soul...Rewind At first listen, Fante's soulful debut may trigger a musical synapse in your brain -- you've heard it before but can't connect it to today's neo-soul...2004-05-07
Lead Performer: Ricky Fante; Producer (group): Virgin; Status: In Season
Posted May 7 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carlton Cuse looks back on his long and unique career
- Kanye apology to Beck, Bruno Mars
- Carly Rae Jepsen returns with 'I Really Like You'--and Tom Hanks?!
- 'Jem and the Holograms' first photo from fall movie
- 'Into the Woods' 'lost' Meryl Streep song: Watch the deleted scene here
- Alesso drops 'Cool' music video
- Scream Factory to release 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!