With Hollywood knocking (this summer’s ”Soul Plane” and a Fox sitcom), perhaps Method Man’s focus is elsewhere. Meth’s rugged rhymes still flow with effortless finesse on Tical 0: The Prequel, but for the first time, he loses his identity. On ”Act Right,” he scolds other MCs for what amounts to his own primary blunder: ”If you’re a rapper, don’t ever ride the passenger seat.” Relying too heavily on guests (from Ludacris to Snoop Dogg), these tracks pathetically simulate the signature sound of each featured rapper. That laziness, combined with his adolescent musings on ho’s and drugs, reveals an artist who seems to be phoning this one in from his latest movie set.
(Method Man: Monique Bunn/Retna)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Method Man; Guest Performer: Snoop Dogg, Ludacris; Producer (group): Def Jam
Posted May 10 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Minions clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!