Can’t get enough of ”The O.C.”? Neither can Fox, for whom the drama was the only new scripted hit this season. Variety reports that Fox is enlisting ”O.C.” creator Josh Schwartz to create a ”companion series” (don’t call it a spinoff, those involved in the deal say) for next season. No details were available about the new show, but Variety says it’s likely to continue the ”O.C.”’s generational mix of teen and adult characters while skewing slightly older. In other words, it would be the ”Melrose Place” to the original show’s ”Beverly Hills 90210.” Schwartz would write only the pilot while continuing to serve as the executive producer on ”The O.C.” Look for the series to debut in January.
Posted May 11 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Bieber and Questlove have intense drum battle on 'Tonight Show'
- All the ways this has been the summer of Dave Grohl
- Justin Bieber wants Tyler Perry to play him in a TV show about his life
- Justin Bieber sings 'Where Are U Now' as a country ballad
- Janet Jackson reveals release date and track list for 'Unbreakable'
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after VMAs performance
- 'Survivor' player Stephen Fishbach says 'it haunts me every day, the fact I didn't win'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!