Can’t get enough of ”The O.C.”? Neither can Fox, for whom the drama was the only new scripted hit this season. Variety reports that Fox is enlisting ”O.C.” creator Josh Schwartz to create a ”companion series” (don’t call it a spinoff, those involved in the deal say) for next season. No details were available about the new show, but Variety says it’s likely to continue the ”O.C.”’s generational mix of teen and adult characters while skewing slightly older. In other words, it would be the ”Melrose Place” to the original show’s ”Beverly Hills 90210.” Schwartz would write only the pilot while continuing to serve as the executive producer on ”The O.C.” Look for the series to debut in January.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!