You haven’t lived until you’ve heard Matthew Rodgers sing ”(Sittin’ on) the Dock of the Bay.” And then you may just want to die. American Idol Season 3: Greatest Soul Classics is a cash-in collection of all 12 ”American Idol” finalists struggling through painful, emotion-free renditions of old soul hits. Even the best crooners of the club (hello, La Toya London!) are sabotaged, thanks to generic, passionless backup arrangements. Throw a little Leah Labelle on top of it, and you’re truly in a world of hurt.
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw)
Genre: R&B, Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Amy Adams, Fantasia Barrino, Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson, George Huff, Leah LaBelle, Jon Peter Lewis, La Toya London, Matthew Rogers, John Stevens, Jasmine Trias, Various Artists, Camile Velasco; Producer (group): RCA
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!