You haven’t lived until you’ve heard Matthew Rodgers sing ”(Sittin’ on) the Dock of the Bay.” And then you may just want to die. American Idol Season 3: Greatest Soul Classics is a cash-in collection of all 12 ”American Idol” finalists struggling through painful, emotion-free renditions of old soul hits. Even the best crooners of the club (hello, La Toya London!) are sabotaged, thanks to generic, passionless backup arrangements. Throw a little Leah Labelle on top of it, and you’re truly in a world of hurt.
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw)
Genre: R&B, Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Amy Adams, Fantasia Barrino, Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson, George Huff, Leah LaBelle, Jon Peter Lewis, La Toya London, Matthew Rogers, John Stevens, Jasmine Trias, Various Artists, Camile Velasco; Producer (group): RCA
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Nick Jonas talks hosting the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards, his new image and that Kanye West cover
- Ben Stiller's little-known punk rocker past comes to light
- 'Barely Lethal' R rating overturned
- 'New Yorker' editor David Remnick defends Lena Dunham's 'dog or Jewish boyfriend' piece
- WWE Studios boss talks Gene Simmons horror movie deal: 'Expect the unexpected'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!