You haven’t lived until you’ve heard Matthew Rodgers sing ”(Sittin’ on) the Dock of the Bay.” And then you may just want to die. American Idol Season 3: Greatest Soul Classics is a cash-in collection of all 12 ”American Idol” finalists struggling through painful, emotion-free renditions of old soul hits. Even the best crooners of the club (hello, La Toya London!) are sabotaged, thanks to generic, passionless backup arrangements. Throw a little Leah Labelle on top of it, and you’re truly in a world of hurt.
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw)
Genre: R&B, Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Amy Adams, Fantasia Barrino, Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson, George Huff, Leah LaBelle, Jon Peter Lewis, La Toya London, Matthew Rogers, John Stevens, Jasmine Trias, Various Artists, Camile Velasco; Producer (group): RCA
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Will DeLuca and Maggie ever reunite?
- Watch Lady Gaga dedicate emotional Dive Bar Tour set to her father
- Trump booed at charity dinner while cracking Clinton jokes
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' reveals Michaela's mom
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss, Liza Weil on that shocking hookup
- Carol Burnett to star in Amy Poehler-produced ABC comedy pilot