You haven’t lived until you’ve heard Matthew Rodgers sing ”(Sittin’ on) the Dock of the Bay.” And then you may just want to die. American Idol Season 3: Greatest Soul Classics is a cash-in collection of all 12 ”American Idol” finalists struggling through painful, emotion-free renditions of old soul hits. Even the best crooners of the club (hello, La Toya London!) are sabotaged, thanks to generic, passionless backup arrangements. Throw a little Leah Labelle on top of it, and you’re truly in a world of hurt.
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw)
Genre: R&B, Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Amy Adams, Fantasia Barrino, Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson, George Huff, Leah LaBelle, Jon Peter Lewis, La Toya London, Matthew Rogers, John Stevens, Jasmine Trias, Various Artists, Camile Velasco; Producer (group): RCA
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'