You haven’t lived until you’ve heard Matthew Rodgers sing ”(Sittin’ on) the Dock of the Bay.” And then you may just want to die. American Idol Season 3: Greatest Soul Classics is a cash-in collection of all 12 ”American Idol” finalists struggling through painful, emotion-free renditions of old soul hits. Even the best crooners of the club (hello, La Toya London!) are sabotaged, thanks to generic, passionless backup arrangements. Throw a little Leah Labelle on top of it, and you’re truly in a world of hurt.
(American Idol: Ray Mickshaw)
Genre: R&B, Soundtracks; Lead Performers: Amy Adams, Fantasia Barrino, Diana DeGarmo, Jennifer Hudson, George Huff, Leah LaBelle, Jon Peter Lewis, La Toya London, Matthew Rogers, John Stevens, Jasmine Trias, Various Artists, Camile Velasco; Producer (group): RCA
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt