The theme of the Barnstable Brown Kentucky Derby gala was Fairy Tales Do Come True. But Nicole Richie found it more like Alice in Wonderland. ”This is a whole world, just insane,” she marveled about the elaborate April 30 Derby-eve party to aid diabetes research. Louisville socialite Patricia Barnstable Brown and her sister Priscilla Barnstable packed in the stars, including Kid Rock, Kim Cattrall, and Jerry O’Connell, for the $500-a-ticket bash. But while pop-reality TV queen Jessica Simpson and husband Nick Lachey topped the A-list, fans at the entrance shouted for the TrimSpa’d Anna Nicole Smith, who announced her new Von Dutch clothing line. Richie dispelled two rumors: she doesn’t get naked in an upcoming Simple Life 2 visit to a nudist colony, and Justin Guarini is not her fiance: ”I’ve never even kissed him…the closest I came was touching his curls”. Ah, Prince Charming would be jealous.
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Brad, Lea & Darren, Paul and More!