The theme of the Barnstable Brown Kentucky Derby gala was Fairy Tales Do Come True. But Nicole Richie found it more like Alice in Wonderland. ”This is a whole world, just insane,” she marveled about the elaborate April 30 Derby-eve party to aid diabetes research. Louisville socialite Patricia Barnstable Brown and her sister Priscilla Barnstable packed in the stars, including Kid Rock, Kim Cattrall, and Jerry O’Connell, for the $500-a-ticket bash. But while pop-reality TV queen Jessica Simpson and husband Nick Lachey topped the A-list, fans at the entrance shouted for the TrimSpa’d Anna Nicole Smith, who announced her new Von Dutch clothing line. Richie dispelled two rumors: she doesn’t get naked in an upcoming Simple Life 2 visit to a nudist colony, and Justin Guarini is not her fiance: ”I’ve never even kissed him…the closest I came was touching his curls”. Ah, Prince Charming would be jealous.
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay won't direct Marvel film
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!