The theme of the Barnstable Brown Kentucky Derby gala was Fairy Tales Do Come True. But Nicole Richie found it more like Alice in Wonderland. ”This is a whole world, just insane,” she marveled about the elaborate April 30 Derby-eve party to aid diabetes research. Louisville socialite Patricia Barnstable Brown and her sister Priscilla Barnstable packed in the stars, including Kid Rock, Kim Cattrall, and Jerry O’Connell, for the $500-a-ticket bash. But while pop-reality TV queen Jessica Simpson and husband Nick Lachey topped the A-list, fans at the entrance shouted for the TrimSpa’d Anna Nicole Smith, who announced her new Von Dutch clothing line. Richie dispelled two rumors: she doesn’t get naked in an upcoming Simple Life 2 visit to a nudist colony, and Justin Guarini is not her fiance: ”I’ve never even kissed him…the closest I came was touching his curls”. Ah, Prince Charming would be jealous.
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Marriage Boot Camp' welcomes... Jeff and Jordan from 'Big Brother?'
- U2 manager Dennis Sheehan dies
- 'Doctor Who' star Peter Capaldi to appear at Comic-Con
- Elizabeth Gillies: From child star to 'Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll'
- Grumpy Cat is getting a comic book series
- 'Orange is the New Black' star to join Broadway's 'The Color Purple'
- Exclusive: Cooper and Josh duke it out ahead of ‘Young & Hungry' spring finale
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!