The theme of the Barnstable Brown Kentucky Derby gala was Fairy Tales Do Come True. But Nicole Richie found it more like Alice in Wonderland. ”This is a whole world, just insane,” she marveled about the elaborate April 30 Derby-eve party to aid diabetes research. Louisville socialite Patricia Barnstable Brown and her sister Priscilla Barnstable packed in the stars, including Kid Rock, Kim Cattrall, and Jerry O’Connell, for the $500-a-ticket bash. But while pop-reality TV queen Jessica Simpson and husband Nick Lachey topped the A-list, fans at the entrance shouted for the TrimSpa’d Anna Nicole Smith, who announced her new Von Dutch clothing line. Richie dispelled two rumors: she doesn’t get naked in an upcoming Simple Life 2 visit to a nudist colony, and Justin Guarini is not her fiance: ”I’ve never even kissed him…the closest I came was touching his curls”. Ah, Prince Charming would be jealous.
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup
- Donald Glover to play young Lando Calrissian in Han Solo movie
- Documentary sequel 'You've Been Trumped, Too' to be released next week
- 'Big Brother' contestants invade 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- ‘Justice League’ director celebrates Wonder Woman with new photo
- Bill Murray crashes White House press briefing to talk Cubs baseball
- 'Secrets and Lies' sneak peek: Eric and Cornell meet again