In this prequel to last year’s Jack Reacher novel ”Persuader,” it’s 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army – a nasty battlefield of politics where the diminishing threat of Russia is creating rifts within the ranks. When a general is found dead in a seedy motel room, Reacher tries to solve the murder as bodies continue to pile up and superiors with questionable motives thwart his every move. Reacher remains engaging and charming in his own emotionally handicapped way, and Child again emerges as a worthy successor to Tom Clancy.
The Enemy In this prequel to last year's Jack Reacher novel ''Persuader,'' it's 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army -- a nasty battlefield of...The EnemyMystery and Thriller, FictionLee Child In this prequel to last year's Jack Reacher novel ''Persuader,'' it's 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army -- a nasty battlefield of...2004-05-14
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Lee Child
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars are back to work on season 6
- Eva Longoria dings Donald Trump at DNC: 'My father is not a rapist'
- 'Bachelorette': Wells gives 'spirited' episode recap on Snapchat
- Michelle Obama hits back at Donald Trump in powerful DNC speech
- Shannen Doherty shares breast cancer update after shaving head
- Paul Simon performs 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' at DNC
- Sarah Silverman to Bernie Sanders holdouts: 'You're being ridiculous'
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels