In this prequel to last year’s Jack Reacher novel ”Persuader,” it’s 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army – a nasty battlefield of politics where the diminishing threat of Russia is creating rifts within the ranks. When a general is found dead in a seedy motel room, Reacher tries to solve the murder as bodies continue to pile up and superiors with questionable motives thwart his every move. Reacher remains engaging and charming in his own emotionally handicapped way, and Child again emerges as a worthy successor to Tom Clancy.
The Enemy In this prequel to last year's Jack Reacher novel ''Persuader,'' it's 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army -- a nasty battlefield of...The EnemyMystery and Thriller, FictionLee Child In this prequel to last year's Jack Reacher novel ''Persuader,'' it's 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army -- a nasty battlefield of...2004-05-14
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Lee Child
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' new car: Paul Feig reveals #whattheygonnadrive
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- 'American Idol Live!' tour photos: Let's go backstage!
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!