In this prequel to last year’s Jack Reacher novel ”Persuader,” it’s 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army – a nasty battlefield of politics where the diminishing threat of Russia is creating rifts within the ranks. When a general is found dead in a seedy motel room, Reacher tries to solve the murder as bodies continue to pile up and superiors with questionable motives thwart his every move. Reacher remains engaging and charming in his own emotionally handicapped way, and Child again emerges as a worthy successor to Tom Clancy.
The Enemy In this prequel to last year's Jack Reacher novel ''Persuader,'' it's 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army -- a nasty battlefield of...The EnemyMystery and Thriller, FictionLee Child In this prequel to last year's Jack Reacher novel ''Persuader,'' it's 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army -- a nasty battlefield of...2004-05-14
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Lee Child
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'Hawaii Five-0' taps Julie Benz as Chin's love interest
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- Simon Cowell comments on One Direction hiatus
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!