In this prequel to last year’s Jack Reacher novel ”Persuader,” it’s 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army – a nasty battlefield of politics where the diminishing threat of Russia is creating rifts within the ranks. When a general is found dead in a seedy motel room, Reacher tries to solve the murder as bodies continue to pile up and superiors with questionable motives thwart his every move. Reacher remains engaging and charming in his own emotionally handicapped way, and Child again emerges as a worthy successor to Tom Clancy.
The Enemy In this prequel to last year's Jack Reacher novel ''Persuader,'' it's 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army -- a nasty battlefield of...The EnemyMystery and Thriller, FictionLee Child In this prequel to last year's Jack Reacher novel ''Persuader,'' it's 1990 and Reacher is still an MP in the U.S. Army -- a nasty battlefield of...2004-05-14
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Lee Child
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- J.K. Rowling cheers Ireland's gay wed vote
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!