If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she’d be the star of former art critic Kandel’s pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a biography of Perry Mason creator Erle Stanley Gardner, vintage-wearing vixen Cece Caruso finds herself attempting to crack a dusty murder case Gardner abandoned 40 years ago. Kandel demonstrates an equally sharp eye for dramatic plot twists and creative outfits (”Did I dare don a snood?”). With a well-spun plot and clever writing (”The only thing about me that’s a size six is two-thirds of one foot”), this quick clip of a novel will appeal to fans of whodunits and designer duds alike.
I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she'd be the star of former art critic Kandel's pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a...I Dreamed I Married Perry MasonMystery and Thriller, FictionSusan Kandel If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she'd be the star of former art critic Kandel's pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a...2004-05-14
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Susan Kandel
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors