If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she’d be the star of former art critic Kandel’s pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a biography of Perry Mason creator Erle Stanley Gardner, vintage-wearing vixen Cece Caruso finds herself attempting to crack a dusty murder case Gardner abandoned 40 years ago. Kandel demonstrates an equally sharp eye for dramatic plot twists and creative outfits (”Did I dare don a snood?”). With a well-spun plot and clever writing (”The only thing about me that’s a size six is two-thirds of one foot”), this quick clip of a novel will appeal to fans of whodunits and designer duds alike.
I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she'd be the star of former art critic Kandel's pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a...I Dreamed I Married Perry MasonMystery and Thriller, FictionSusan Kandel If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she'd be the star of former art critic Kandel's pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a...2004-05-14
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Susan Kandel
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Mystery roles for Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip