If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she’d be the star of former art critic Kandel’s pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a biography of Perry Mason creator Erle Stanley Gardner, vintage-wearing vixen Cece Caruso finds herself attempting to crack a dusty murder case Gardner abandoned 40 years ago. Kandel demonstrates an equally sharp eye for dramatic plot twists and creative outfits (”Did I dare don a snood?”). With a well-spun plot and clever writing (”The only thing about me that’s a size six is two-thirds of one foot”), this quick clip of a novel will appeal to fans of whodunits and designer duds alike.
I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she'd be the star of former art critic Kandel's pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a...I Dreamed I Married Perry MasonMystery and Thriller, FictionSusan Kandel If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she'd be the star of former art critic Kandel's pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a...2004-05-14
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Susan Kandel
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo': Top 10 Kindle highlights
- 'American Gods': First look at Kristin Chenoweth as Easter
- Stars rally behind Leslie Jones after website hack
- Bob Odenkirk to write book on life, 'Better Call Saul,' 'Breaking Bad'
- Bella Thorne to produce Lifetime vampire flick
- Hailee Steinfeld talks bad haircuts, coming of age in 'Edge of Seventeen'
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...