If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she’d be the star of former art critic Kandel’s pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a biography of Perry Mason creator Erle Stanley Gardner, vintage-wearing vixen Cece Caruso finds herself attempting to crack a dusty murder case Gardner abandoned 40 years ago. Kandel demonstrates an equally sharp eye for dramatic plot twists and creative outfits (”Did I dare don a snood?”). With a well-spun plot and clever writing (”The only thing about me that’s a size six is two-thirds of one foot”), this quick clip of a novel will appeal to fans of whodunits and designer duds alike.
I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she'd be the star of former art critic Kandel's pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a...I Dreamed I Married Perry MasonMystery and Thriller, FictionSusan Kandel If Nancy Drew had a closet full of couture, she'd be the star of former art critic Kandel's pulpy fashion-forward mystery. While researching a...2004-05-14
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Susan Kandel; Status: In Season
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!