It’s wonderful to see a Japanese movie in which a 19th-century samurai is also a touching and complicated ordinary man. When Seibei (Hiroyuki Sanada) unsheathes his sword, the film draws deep excitement out of his desire to live more than fight.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama; Starring: Rie Miyazawa, Hiroyuki Sanada, Nenji Kobayashi, Ren Osugi; Director: Yoji Yamada; Author: Yoji Yamada; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Empire Pictures
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Matthew Fox is a post-apocalyptic DJ in 'Extinction' trailer – exclusive
- Hollywood Teen Medium is an actual new TV show
- Gregg Sulkin brings all the boys to his yard on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Protestors chant Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Alright’ in support of #BlackLivesMatter
- Ask the Critic: Overlooked 2015 gems and the movies I wish I could review again
- Trevor Noah reveals Daily Show changes (including less Fox News focus)
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!