It’s wonderful to see a Japanese movie in which a 19th-century samurai is also a touching and complicated ordinary man. When Seibei (Hiroyuki Sanada) unsheathes his sword, the film draws deep excitement out of his desire to live more than fight.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama; Starring: Rie Miyazawa, Hiroyuki Sanada, Nenji Kobayashi, Ren Osugi; Director: Yoji Yamada; Author: Yoji Yamada; Release Date Limited: 04/23/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Empire Pictures
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michael B. Jordan says he’d love to make a 'Creed' sequel
- Sutton Foster keeps up her double life in 'Younger' season 2 trailer
- Mary-Kate Olsen marries Olivier Sarkozy: Report
- British royals share adorable new photos of Princess Charlotte
- See Britney Spears dance to Adele's 'Hello'
- Box office report: 'Mockingjay' tops Thanksgiving weekend
- Jennifer Lawrence will keep working with David O. Russell until he dies