It’s wonderful to see a Japanese movie in which a 19th-century samurai is also a touching and complicated ordinary man. When Seibei (Hiroyuki Sanada) unsheathes his sword, the film draws deep excitement out of his desire to live more than fight.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama; Starring: Rie Miyazawa, Hiroyuki Sanada, Nenji Kobayashi, Ren Osugi; Director: Yoji Yamada; Author: Yoji Yamada; Release Date Limited: 04/23/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 129; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Empire Pictures
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What's new on Netflix for September
- Obama to trek into wilderness with Bear Grylls
- Hulk Hogan breaks silence on racist rant, asks for forgiveness
- See a snippet of Queen Latifah's 19-year-old 'Bessie' screen test
- How Todrick Hall hopes to inspire others through his new show, 'Todrick'
- Here's how Jaden Smith reacted to Kanye's VMAs speech
- Jeff Probst reveals the players he's surprised got voted into 'Survivor'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!