”We…came of age together at a very particular time,” former Salon.com editor Colin writes of his Alexandria, Va., high school class. ”From Rodney King to O.J. to Monica to the Boom to butterfly ballots to 9/11 to the war in Iraq, the last ten years accomplished a cumulative strangeness unlike anything ever seen in America.” As Colin gleans his peers’ tales over drinks and, in one case, within a monastery, what emerges is a smart and engaging, if slightly overindulgent where-are-they-now: the white antiestablishment activist who teaches at an all-black school; the lanky geek who’s learned to be comfortable in his (now her) own skin; the supersmart homecoming queen who, after a stint at the World Bank and business school, has no clue what to do next. There’s no comeuppance or explosive drama, but this voyeurism is hard to resist.
What Really Happened To the Class of '93 ''We...came of age together at a very particular time,'' former Salon.com editor Colin writes of his Alexandria, Va., high school class. ''From Rodney...What Really Happened To the Class of '93NonfictionChris Colin ''We...came of age together at a very particular time,'' former Salon.com editor Colin writes of his Alexandria, Va., high school class. ''From Rodney...2004-05-14
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Chris Colin
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!