Fitting that a movie about a trendy, high-fashion New Yorker opened the third annual Tribeca Film Festival, which kicked off May 1 with the world premiere of Kate Hudson’s Raising Helen. And her celebrity supporters were out in full force: Robert De Niro, Las Vegas’ Molly Sims, Kyra Sedgwick, Amber Valletta, Liz Phair, and the always dapper Will Smith (along with Hudson’s famous family member Goldie Hawn) celebrated the star’s latest effort. Though Hudson is known for her stylish red-carpet outings, the new mom (chic in an ebony Gucci frock and Stella McCartney rhinestone-and-satin shoes) is just as interested in comfortboth on screen and off. ”I hate wearing heels and fashionable clothes in films because you have to wear them all the time,” she says. ”So when I was in sweats and jeans and a T-shirt I was very happy.” (Additional reporting by Michelle Kung)
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The View' gets new theme song: Mary J. Blige's 'World's Gone Crazy'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan had no idea about cliffhanger
- Nick Offerman previews 'Good Clean Fun' and announces tour
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...