Fitting that a movie about a trendy, high-fashion New Yorker opened the third annual Tribeca Film Festival, which kicked off May 1 with the world premiere of Kate Hudson’s Raising Helen. And her celebrity supporters were out in full force: Robert De Niro, Las Vegas’ Molly Sims, Kyra Sedgwick, Amber Valletta, Liz Phair, and the always dapper Will Smith (along with Hudson’s famous family member Goldie Hawn) celebrated the star’s latest effort. Though Hudson is known for her stylish red-carpet outings, the new mom (chic in an ebony Gucci frock and Stella McCartney rhinestone-and-satin shoes) is just as interested in comfortboth on screen and off. ”I hate wearing heels and fashionable clothes in films because you have to wear them all the time,” she says. ”So when I was in sweats and jeans and a T-shirt I was very happy.” (Additional reporting by Michelle Kung)
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop