Fitting that a movie about a trendy, high-fashion New Yorker opened the third annual Tribeca Film Festival, which kicked off May 1 with the world premiere of Kate Hudson’s Raising Helen. And her celebrity supporters were out in full force: Robert De Niro, Las Vegas’ Molly Sims, Kyra Sedgwick, Amber Valletta, Liz Phair, and the always dapper Will Smith (along with Hudson’s famous family member Goldie Hawn) celebrated the star’s latest effort. Though Hudson is known for her stylish red-carpet outings, the new mom (chic in an ebony Gucci frock and Stella McCartney rhinestone-and-satin shoes) is just as interested in comfortboth on screen and off. ”I hate wearing heels and fashionable clothes in films because you have to wear them all the time,” she says. ”So when I was in sweats and jeans and a T-shirt I was very happy.” (Additional reporting by Michelle Kung)
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!