Fitting that a movie about a trendy, high-fashion New Yorker opened the third annual Tribeca Film Festival, which kicked off May 1 with the world premiere of Kate Hudson’s Raising Helen. And her celebrity supporters were out in full force: Robert De Niro, Las Vegas’ Molly Sims, Kyra Sedgwick, Amber Valletta, Liz Phair, and the always dapper Will Smith (along with Hudson’s famous family member Goldie Hawn) celebrated the star’s latest effort. Though Hudson is known for her stylish red-carpet outings, the new mom (chic in an ebony Gucci frock and Stella McCartney rhinestone-and-satin shoes) is just as interested in comfortboth on screen and off. ”I hate wearing heels and fashionable clothes in films because you have to wear them all the time,” she says. ”So when I was in sweats and jeans and a T-shirt I was very happy.” (Additional reporting by Michelle Kung)
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'