Fitting that a movie about a trendy, high-fashion New Yorker opened the third annual Tribeca Film Festival, which kicked off May 1 with the world premiere of Kate Hudson’s Raising Helen. And her celebrity supporters were out in full force: Robert De Niro, Las Vegas’ Molly Sims, Kyra Sedgwick, Amber Valletta, Liz Phair, and the always dapper Will Smith (along with Hudson’s famous family member Goldie Hawn) celebrated the star’s latest effort. Though Hudson is known for her stylish red-carpet outings, the new mom (chic in an ebony Gucci frock and Stella McCartney rhinestone-and-satin shoes) is just as interested in comfortboth on screen and off. ”I hate wearing heels and fashionable clothes in films because you have to wear them all the time,” she says. ”So when I was in sweats and jeans and a T-shirt I was very happy.” (Additional reporting by Michelle Kung)
Posted May 14 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hollywood pays tribute to horror master Wes Craven
- Nicki Minaj's Miley Cyrus VMAs moment were not staged
- Justin Bieber releases music video for 'What Do You Mean?'
- Justin Bieber cries after MTV VMAs performance
- Kanye West is having the best time at the MTV VMAs
- MTV just debuted a new trailer for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Demi Lovato performs 'Cool For The Summer' with Iggy Azalea at VMAs
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!