It’s time to adjust your ”Alias” intel: While teasing the May 23 season finale in EW #761, one of the show’s exec producers revealed that Sydney (Jennifer Garner, above) would have to make an ”incredibly difficult choice”: She could ”only save one of the two people she cares about most in life.” But now the choice has been made – to scrap that script. ”I felt like it didn’t do a number of things that I wanted to see,” says series creator J.J. Abrams. ”So the writers and I adjusted the story, and in doing that, the ending changed as well.” So what will actually happen? Abrams is playing it close to the bulletproof vest. ”It’s a revenge tale,” he offers. ”It’s also a morality play for Sydney because she’s determined to put an end to the trouble that this year has been, yet she doesn’t want to become as dark a figure as those she despises. The question is: How far will she go to right what has been wrong? And the ending – while it resolves a lot of issues – raises a key question of trust.” Trust us: We’ll be watching.
Posted May 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!