It’s time to adjust your ”Alias” intel: While teasing the May 23 season finale in EW #761, one of the show’s exec producers revealed that Sydney (Jennifer Garner, above) would have to make an ”incredibly difficult choice”: She could ”only save one of the two people she cares about most in life.” But now the choice has been made – to scrap that script. ”I felt like it didn’t do a number of things that I wanted to see,” says series creator J.J. Abrams. ”So the writers and I adjusted the story, and in doing that, the ending changed as well.” So what will actually happen? Abrams is playing it close to the bulletproof vest. ”It’s a revenge tale,” he offers. ”It’s also a morality play for Sydney because she’s determined to put an end to the trouble that this year has been, yet she doesn’t want to become as dark a figure as those she despises. The question is: How far will she go to right what has been wrong? And the ending – while it resolves a lot of issues – raises a key question of trust.” Trust us: We’ll be watching.
Posted May 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!