It’s time to adjust your ”Alias” intel: While teasing the May 23 season finale in EW #761, one of the show’s exec producers revealed that Sydney (Jennifer Garner, above) would have to make an ”incredibly difficult choice”: She could ”only save one of the two people she cares about most in life.” But now the choice has been made – to scrap that script. ”I felt like it didn’t do a number of things that I wanted to see,” says series creator J.J. Abrams. ”So the writers and I adjusted the story, and in doing that, the ending changed as well.” So what will actually happen? Abrams is playing it close to the bulletproof vest. ”It’s a revenge tale,” he offers. ”It’s also a morality play for Sydney because she’s determined to put an end to the trouble that this year has been, yet she doesn’t want to become as dark a figure as those she despises. The question is: How far will she go to right what has been wrong? And the ending – while it resolves a lot of issues – raises a key question of trust.” Trust us: We’ll be watching.
Posted May 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016