It’s time to adjust your ”Alias” intel: While teasing the May 23 season finale in EW #761, one of the show’s exec producers revealed that Sydney (Jennifer Garner, above) would have to make an ”incredibly difficult choice”: She could ”only save one of the two people she cares about most in life.” But now the choice has been made – to scrap that script. ”I felt like it didn’t do a number of things that I wanted to see,” says series creator J.J. Abrams. ”So the writers and I adjusted the story, and in doing that, the ending changed as well.” So what will actually happen? Abrams is playing it close to the bulletproof vest. ”It’s a revenge tale,” he offers. ”It’s also a morality play for Sydney because she’s determined to put an end to the trouble that this year has been, yet she doesn’t want to become as dark a figure as those she despises. The question is: How far will she go to right what has been wrong? And the ending – while it resolves a lot of issues – raises a key question of trust.” Trust us: We’ll be watching.
Posted May 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade