Broadway’s Tony Awards on June 6 will feature a showdown worthy of a comic-book movie: Vying for best actor in a musical are Hugh Jackman (a.k.a. ”X-Men”’s Wolverine) and Alfred Molina (”Spider-Man 2” villain Doctor Octavius). Pundits favor Jackman to win the trophy for ”The Boy From Oz” over Molina in ”Fiddler on the Roof.” But which of their Hollywood alter egos would reign? Comic-book fans might put their money on Wolverine, but not Avi Arad, chairman-CEO of Marvel Studios, a producer of the ”X-Men” and ”Spider-Man” films. ”Both will get badly hurt,” he says. ”Then they’ll come to their senses and just start singing.”
Posted May 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!