The original 1954 Japanese version is being released here for the first time in its undubbed, unbutchered form. Godzilla, the most awesome of tacky movie monsters, is pop culture’s grandest symbol of nuclear apocalypse – a metaphor that looks more nuttily masochistic than ever.
Genre: Horror, Drama, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Akira Takarada, Akihiko Hirata, Momoko Kochi, Takashi Shimura; Director: Ishiro Honda; Author: Ishiro Honda; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Rialto Pictures
Posted May 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- Wrestling great Roddy Piper dies
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!