The original 1954 Japanese version is being released here for the first time in its undubbed, unbutchered form. Godzilla, the most awesome of tacky movie monsters, is pop culture’s grandest symbol of nuclear apocalypse – a metaphor that looks more nuttily masochistic than ever.
Genre: Horror, Drama, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Akira Takarada, Akihiko Hirata, Momoko Kochi, Takashi Shimura; Director: Ishiro Honda; Author: Ishiro Honda; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Rialto Pictures
Posted May 21 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- Tom Hardy brought his dog to the premiere of 'Legend'
- Just how well do you know 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?
- A-trak looks back on Fool's Gold Day Off's 5th birthday
- Jimmy Kimmel makes peace with gamers after week-long feud
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!