The original 1954 Japanese version is being released here for the first time in its undubbed, unbutchered form. Godzilla, the most awesome of tacky movie monsters, is pop culture’s grandest symbol of nuclear apocalypse – a metaphor that looks more nuttily masochistic than ever.
Genre: Horror, Drama, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Akira Takarada, Akihiko Hirata, Momoko Kochi, Takashi Shimura; Director: Ishiro Honda; Author: Ishiro Honda; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Rialto Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!