After months of fashion-industry buzz, Beyonce (along with stylist mom Tina) announced a deal with NYC-based apparel company Kids Headquarters – which also produces Jay-Z’s Rocawear label – to create a clothing line debuting in 2005. Tina has always designed for her daughter; her latest creation was the gold dress Beyonce wore to this year’s Grammys. The collection will feature, in the words of Mama Knowles, ”sexy, pretty, classy clothes.” But will a market flooded with celeb labels shell out for Beyonce’s wares? ”As long as the creative direction is good,” says celebrity stylist Danna Weiss, ”there’s no reason it shouldn’t sell.” Can clothes be too booty-licious?
Posted May 28 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Exclusive photos and intel on new characters from season 6 of ‘The Walking Dead'
- 'CSI' casts 'Faking It' star Katie Stevens for finale
- Christina Applegate on turning down 'Legally Blonde': 'What a stupid move'
- The Chilean miners disaster story comes alive in first trailer for 'The 33'
- 'Banshee' confirmed canceled after fourth season
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best dramatic actor nominees
- Netflix chief still 'thrilled' with Adam Sandler after 'Pixels' flop
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!