After months of fashion-industry buzz, Beyonce (along with stylist mom Tina) announced a deal with NYC-based apparel company Kids Headquarters – which also produces Jay-Z’s Rocawear label – to create a clothing line debuting in 2005. Tina has always designed for her daughter; her latest creation was the gold dress Beyonce wore to this year’s Grammys. The collection will feature, in the words of Mama Knowles, ”sexy, pretty, classy clothes.” But will a market flooded with celeb labels shell out for Beyonce’s wares? ”As long as the creative direction is good,” says celebrity stylist Danna Weiss, ”there’s no reason it shouldn’t sell.” Can clothes be too booty-licious?
Posted May 28 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Supergirl': Mehcad Brooks talks stepping out of a superhero's shadow
- Twisted Sister's Dee Snider gives Donald Trump permission to use 'We're Not Gonna Take It'
- Jeremy Clarkson introduces us to a world filled with Amazon drones
- 'Top Gear' sets May return date
- Kylie Jenner: Caitlyn is the ‘exact same person’ as before
- See Kanye West audition for 'American Idol' in final season teaser
- Jennifer Lawrence has a life-changing idea in new 'Joy' teaser