After months of fashion-industry buzz, Beyonce (along with stylist mom Tina) announced a deal with NYC-based apparel company Kids Headquarters – which also produces Jay-Z’s Rocawear label – to create a clothing line debuting in 2005. Tina has always designed for her daughter; her latest creation was the gold dress Beyonce wore to this year’s Grammys. The collection will feature, in the words of Mama Knowles, ”sexy, pretty, classy clothes.” But will a market flooded with celeb labels shell out for Beyonce’s wares? ”As long as the creative direction is good,” says celebrity stylist Danna Weiss, ”there’s no reason it shouldn’t sell.” Can clothes be too booty-licious?
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- The Kardashians are getting another E! series
- 'Furious 7' and diversity: Why Hollywood needs to catch up with reality
- CBS announces finale dates for 'Good Wife,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' more
- Cynthia Lennon dies at 75
- Holly Taylor of 'The Americans' talks Paige while playing 'Super Smash Bros.'
- 'Happy Endings' creator David Caspe explains April Fools' countdown clock
- 'The View' eyes Monica Lewinsky as a guest co-host