After months of fashion-industry buzz, Beyonce (along with stylist mom Tina) announced a deal with NYC-based apparel company Kids Headquarters – which also produces Jay-Z’s Rocawear label – to create a clothing line debuting in 2005. Tina has always designed for her daughter; her latest creation was the gold dress Beyonce wore to this year’s Grammys. The collection will feature, in the words of Mama Knowles, ”sexy, pretty, classy clothes.” But will a market flooded with celeb labels shell out for Beyonce’s wares? ”As long as the creative direction is good,” says celebrity stylist Danna Weiss, ”there’s no reason it shouldn’t sell.” Can clothes be too booty-licious?
Posted May 28 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'
- 'Game of Thrones' star Maisie Williams: 'It's time to wrap this up'
- Nate Parker comments on rape trial controversy in Ebony interview
- 'Beauty and the Beast' photos reveal Cogsworth, Lumière, and the Prince