After months of fashion-industry buzz, Beyonce (along with stylist mom Tina) announced a deal with NYC-based apparel company Kids Headquarters – which also produces Jay-Z’s Rocawear label – to create a clothing line debuting in 2005. Tina has always designed for her daughter; her latest creation was the gold dress Beyonce wore to this year’s Grammys. The collection will feature, in the words of Mama Knowles, ”sexy, pretty, classy clothes.” But will a market flooded with celeb labels shell out for Beyonce’s wares? ”As long as the creative direction is good,” says celebrity stylist Danna Weiss, ”there’s no reason it shouldn’t sell.” Can clothes be too booty-licious?
Posted May 28 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Reid Scott reveals who laughs the most on the set of 'Veep'
- What time is the White House Correspondents Dinner?
- Mario Lopez, Anderson Cooper: Who's replacing Michael Strahan?
- Larry Wilmore gets advice for White House Correspondents' Dinner
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'Veep' hooks up with John Slattery
- Teacher suspended for showing high school class 'Human Centipede 2'
- Dan Trachtenberg to direct 'Black Mirror' episode for Netflix
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch