After months of fashion-industry buzz, Beyonce (along with stylist mom Tina) announced a deal with NYC-based apparel company Kids Headquarters – which also produces Jay-Z’s Rocawear label – to create a clothing line debuting in 2005. Tina has always designed for her daughter; her latest creation was the gold dress Beyonce wore to this year’s Grammys. The collection will feature, in the words of Mama Knowles, ”sexy, pretty, classy clothes.” But will a market flooded with celeb labels shell out for Beyonce’s wares? ”As long as the creative direction is good,” says celebrity stylist Danna Weiss, ”there’s no reason it shouldn’t sell.” Can clothes be too booty-licious?
Posted May 28 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New Music Friday: 8 releases you need to hear now
- Steven Yeun already has a new gig after 'The Walking Dead'
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'Tracey Ullman's Show' premieres
- Lady Gaga changes lyrics to ‘Trayvon Angel’ at final Dive Bar Tour set
- Classic horror movies get the David S. Pumpkins treatment
- 'Bye Bye Birdie' starring Jennifer Lopez is NBC’s next live musical
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' stars on that surprising hookup