The hook is sordid enough: Convicted London rapists are receiving teasingly seductive letters in jail, only to be lured after their release into most unpleasant deaths. The rough-hewn hero, Detective Inspector Tom Thorne, copes with a case rife with dead ends by hitting the pub and grooving to Johnny Cash – that is, until all his CDs are nicked from his flat. All the characters in Billingham’s third cop thriller are remarkably human, and the plot’s methodical pacing keeps the truly grim tone from overwhelming it. The only complaint may be that ”Lazybones” seems too British: politely bleak, trimly violent, and never so unexpected that you can’t construe the twist long before it comes.
Lazybones The hook is sordid enough: Convicted London rapists are receiving teasingly seductive letters in jail, only to be lured after their release into most...LazybonesMystery and ThrillerMark Billingham The hook is sordid enough: Convicted London rapists are receiving teasingly seductive letters in jail, only to be lured after their release into most...2004-05-28
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Mark Billingham
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!