MTV can’t stop with the pranks! In ”Faking the Video” (premiering Monday, May 24 at 10:30 p.m.), six college-age kids think they’re getting their big breaks working as production assistants on a video shoot – but they’re really signing on to be tortured by the likes of Bubba Sparxxx, JC Chasez, Michelle Branch, and Monica. In each episode, a pop star who’s in on the joke unleashes his or her best abusive behavior in front of the PAs while filming a purposely ridiculous clip for a purposely cheesy Diane Warren tune. Chasez, for instance, demands one candidate play Ping-Pong with him instead of reporting to the set; Monica yells at another for not sweeping confetti fast enough. ”You feel bad when you’re actually doing it,” Monica says. ”One [PA] started crying.” Don’t feel too sorry for them: Each week an assistant is fired (producers make the cut), but the last one standing wins a job with real video director Wayne Isham. ”I figure celebrities have been punk’d enough,” Chasez says. ”It’s time to give it back to regular folks.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' star Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!