MTV can’t stop with the pranks! In ”Faking the Video” (premiering Monday, May 24 at 10:30 p.m.), six college-age kids think they’re getting their big breaks working as production assistants on a video shoot – but they’re really signing on to be tortured by the likes of Bubba Sparxxx, JC Chasez, Michelle Branch, and Monica. In each episode, a pop star who’s in on the joke unleashes his or her best abusive behavior in front of the PAs while filming a purposely ridiculous clip for a purposely cheesy Diane Warren tune. Chasez, for instance, demands one candidate play Ping-Pong with him instead of reporting to the set; Monica yells at another for not sweeping confetti fast enough. ”You feel bad when you’re actually doing it,” Monica says. ”One [PA] started crying.” Don’t feel too sorry for them: Each week an assistant is fired (producers make the cut), but the last one standing wins a job with real video director Wayne Isham. ”I figure celebrities have been punk’d enough,” Chasez says. ”It’s time to give it back to regular folks.”
Posted May 28 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Longmire' is back: See the season 4 trailer
- Chris Christie on Donald Trump: 'Life is a strange ride'
- Proof Kanye West & Donald Trump have a lot in common
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!