Sam Green and Bill Siegel’s Oscar-nominated assemblage of news footage and fresh interviews focuses on the two most glam Vietnam War radicals, Weather Underground cofounders Bernardine Dohrn and Bill Ayers. Proponents of violent acts, targets of government infiltration, ”ready to be mass murderers” (says Todd Gitlin), the Weathermen remain the most contentious wing of counterculture history. The film’s relevance? As Dohrn says, ”It’s 34 years later and we’re still in a state of war.” EXTRAS Dohrn and Ayers’ commentary is self-righteous and unrepentant; and Green explains how he, at 37 – too young to have countered the culture firsthand – became engrossed in a period of political activism that today seems unthinkable.
The Weather Underground Sam Green and Bill Siegel's Oscar-nominated assemblage of news footage and fresh interviews focuses on the two most glam Vietnam War radicals, Weather...The Weather UndergroundDocumentaryPT92MUnrated Sam Green and Bill Siegel's Oscar-nominated assemblage of news footage and fresh interviews focuses on the two most glam Vietnam War radicals, Weather...2004-05-28Shadow Distribution
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Lili Taylor, Pamela Z; Director: Sam Green, Bill Siegel; Release Date Wide: 06/04/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Shadow Distribution
Posted May 28 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Tyler Perry shares touching tribute from Bobbi Kristina Brown's funeral
- See Hugh Jackman bring back the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Chris Evans on more Captain America: 'If Marvel wants me, they got me'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!