Determined to have a career that’s more Clay Aiken than Justin Guarini, ”American Idol” runner-up Diana DeGarmo is rushing her first single into stores. It’s not clear what tracks she’ll be releasing, but the RCA Records website lists the release date as June 22. That’s just one week after ”Idol” winner Fantasia Barrino drops her first release, her already famous rendition of first-season ”Idol” finalist Tamyra Gray’s composition ”I Believe,” also via RCA. Which means that the two singers will have a popularity contest all over again, this time measured on the singles chart. Both singers have also pledged to record albums as soon as possible, but they may not have time to do much recording before the ”Idol” summer tour starts on July 14 in Salt Lake City.
Posted June 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!