Determined to have a career that’s more Clay Aiken than Justin Guarini, ”American Idol” runner-up Diana DeGarmo is rushing her first single into stores. It’s not clear what tracks she’ll be releasing, but the RCA Records website lists the release date as June 22. That’s just one week after ”Idol” winner Fantasia Barrino drops her first release, her already famous rendition of first-season ”Idol” finalist Tamyra Gray’s composition ”I Believe,” also via RCA. Which means that the two singers will have a popularity contest all over again, this time measured on the singles chart. Both singers have also pledged to record albums as soon as possible, but they may not have time to do much recording before the ”Idol” summer tour starts on July 14 in Salt Lake City.
Posted June 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'