Determined to have a career that’s more Clay Aiken than Justin Guarini, ”American Idol” runner-up Diana DeGarmo is rushing her first single into stores. It’s not clear what tracks she’ll be releasing, but the RCA Records website lists the release date as June 22. That’s just one week after ”Idol” winner Fantasia Barrino drops her first release, her already famous rendition of first-season ”Idol” finalist Tamyra Gray’s composition ”I Believe,” also via RCA. Which means that the two singers will have a popularity contest all over again, this time measured on the singles chart. Both singers have also pledged to record albums as soon as possible, but they may not have time to do much recording before the ”Idol” summer tour starts on July 14 in Salt Lake City.
Posted June 2 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Timberlake is still doing the Carlton at golf tournaments
- 'The Magicians' season 2: See the premiere's first scene
- Comic-Con: See photos from the Harley Quinn costume contest
- 16 can't-miss Comic-Con Boomerangs from EW's Instagram account
- '24: Legacy' exists in same Jack Bauer universe
- 'Sherlock' Comic-Con panel reveals three key names to tease season 4
- Miles Teller joins Keith Urban onstage for 'My Girl'