Mirah might be borrowing folk’s acoustic framework, but she sidesteps the genre’s earnest strumming and Boy Scout lyrics, spinning evocative yarns in a voice both unaffected and engagingly warm (reminiscent of a more plain-spoken Aimee Mann). Through it all, she creates an atmosphere of such intimate ease, you feel as if she’s singing for you alone.
C'mon Miracle Mirah might be borrowing folk's acoustic framework, but she sidesteps the genre's earnest strumming and Boy Scout lyrics, spinning evocative yarns in...C'mon MiracleFolk, Indie Rock Mirah might be borrowing folk's acoustic framework, but she sidesteps the genre's earnest strumming and Boy Scout lyrics, spinning evocative yarns in...2004-06-04
Genre: Folk, Indie Rock; Lead Performer: Mirah; Producer (group): K
Posted June 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Grace of Monaco' screenwriter live tweets Lifetime premiere
- A$AP Rocky dropped his new album at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!