Sure, Kate Hudson’s Manhattanite turns doting mom in ”Raising Helen” – but she doesn’t shelve her style. Though the actress wasn’t visibly pregnant during Helen’s spring 2003 shoot (son Ryder was born Jan. 7), Hudson had definite ideas on her maternal wear once Helen ditched her type A ensembles from Jil Sander and Gucci. ”We once thought [her ”mother” outfits] would be full of little prints and flowers,” says costume designer Gary Jones. But as Hudson has proved, a woman ”doesn’t have to give up being fabulous to be a mother.”
Posted June 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Magic Mike XXL' poster is all about the abs
- J.K. Rowling—er, Robert Galbraith—is editing the latest Cormoran Strike novel
- 'World War Z' sequel set for 2017 release
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Joyce Carol Oates expands on PEN award protest following award for 'Charlie Hebdo'
- David Letterman's studio was thrown in the trash
- Joel McHale to host this year's ESPY Awards
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!