Sure, Kate Hudson’s Manhattanite turns doting mom in ”Raising Helen” – but she doesn’t shelve her style. Though the actress wasn’t visibly pregnant during Helen’s spring 2003 shoot (son Ryder was born Jan. 7), Hudson had definite ideas on her maternal wear once Helen ditched her type A ensembles from Jil Sander and Gucci. ”We once thought [her ”mother” outfits] would be full of little prints and flowers,” says costume designer Gary Jones. But as Hudson has proved, a woman ”doesn’t have to give up being fabulous to be a mother.”
Posted June 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?