Sure, Kate Hudson’s Manhattanite turns doting mom in ”Raising Helen” – but she doesn’t shelve her style. Though the actress wasn’t visibly pregnant during Helen’s spring 2003 shoot (son Ryder was born Jan. 7), Hudson had definite ideas on her maternal wear once Helen ditched her type A ensembles from Jil Sander and Gucci. ”We once thought [her ”mother” outfits] would be full of little prints and flowers,” says costume designer Gary Jones. But as Hudson has proved, a woman ”doesn’t have to give up being fabulous to be a mother.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!