Sure, Kate Hudson’s Manhattanite turns doting mom in ”Raising Helen” – but she doesn’t shelve her style. Though the actress wasn’t visibly pregnant during Helen’s spring 2003 shoot (son Ryder was born Jan. 7), Hudson had definite ideas on her maternal wear once Helen ditched her type A ensembles from Jil Sander and Gucci. ”We once thought [her ”mother” outfits] would be full of little prints and flowers,” says costume designer Gary Jones. But as Hudson has proved, a woman ”doesn’t have to give up being fabulous to be a mother.”
Posted June 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michael Che and Colin Jost hand out free Trump water at DNC
- Stephen Colbert recruits John Oliver for DNC 'Fight Song' parody
- Stephen Colbert retires alter ego, introduces 'identical twin cousin'
- Cara Delevingne pranked Kesha, Haim at Taylor Swift's July 4 party
- Adele invites Adele drag impersonator on stage
- Seth Meyers takes A Closer Look at day 2 of the DNC & that giant joint
- Kanye West: 'I am so glad my wife has Snapchat'
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos