This just in: NASCAR drivers aren’t monsters. ”The fans all view me as this real aggressive person that I am on the racetrack,” says racing notable Kevin Harvick. ”But off the track I’m really laid-back.” For the lighter side of speed demons, check out ”NASCAR Drivers: 360” (FX, Fridays at 10 p.m.), a reality series from exec producers Tony Krantz (”24”) and Scott Messick (”Survivor”) that tails 10 of the sport’s top drivers. Already, Harvick has impersonated William Hung, punk’d his father-in-law, and farted on wife DeLana. ”You’d never think that we’d have access to that kind of thing,” Krantz boasts. These gems sound hard to top, but the best moments – such as Harvick running out of gas with five laps to go in Vegas – still occur at the track. The drama is even higher in an upcoming episode when rookie Brian Vickers’ mother witnesses her son’s 200-mph wreck at Daytona (Vickers was unharmed). Says Krantz, ”You couldn’t tell it better if it was scripted.”
Posted June 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!