It’s ”The Bachelor” – in breeches! PBS has snagged the rights to a reality show sure to make Mr. Darcy fans swoon. Already a modest hit in England, ”Regency House Party” (which will air this November) follows 12 modern-day single Brits who must pitch woo a la Jane Austen, flirting and scheming their way into advantageous relationships according to early-19th-century rules. And yes, there’s a ”bed checker” to prevent any 21st-century-type hanky-panky. ”House Party,” which comes from the folks behind the net’s time-traveling ”House” series (most recent: the 1628-set ”Colonial House”), ”is more fun and frolicky,” says executive producer Jody Sheff. ”Instead of putting families into dire-straits situations, this is more about ‘Can these singles hook up and actually survive in the summer of 1811?”’ Call it the summer of very proper love.
Posted June 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Hawaii Five-0' taps Julie Benz as Chin's love interest
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- Simon Cowell comments on One Direction hiatus
- 'Dancing with the Stars' taps Alexa and Carlos PenaVega
- Box office preview: 'Straight Outta Compton' set for third weekend at the top
- O.J. Simpson documentaries to air on A&E and LMN
- 'Grandfathered' enlists JoAnna Garcia Swisher
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!