Molina’s third disc envelops the listener from start to finish, even though the Argentinean’s gentle voice wouldn’t wake a sleeping toddler. A luminous combination of fragile folk and bubbling electronica, Tres Cosas balances stark, seesawing melodies with droning computer moans and sparkles, like some organic-digital mix of Nick Drake and Brian Eno. The Spanish lyrics might keep the meanings at arm’s length, but the beauty of the music needs no translation.
Tres Cosas Molina's third disc envelops the listener from start to finish, even though the Argentinean's gentle voice wouldn't wake a sleeping toddler. A...Tres CosasFolk, Indie Rock, Electronic Molina's third disc envelops the listener from start to finish, even though the Argentinean's gentle voice wouldn't wake a sleeping toddler. A...2004-06-04
Genre: Folk, Indie Rock, Electronic; Lead Performer: Juana Molina; Producer (group): Domino
Posted June 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- 'Magic Mike' star: 'Channing Tatum does not like me'
- Benny Boom in talks to step in as director of Tupac biopic