Molina’s third disc envelops the listener from start to finish, even though the Argentinean’s gentle voice wouldn’t wake a sleeping toddler. A luminous combination of fragile folk and bubbling electronica, Tres Cosas balances stark, seesawing melodies with droning computer moans and sparkles, like some organic-digital mix of Nick Drake and Brian Eno. The Spanish lyrics might keep the meanings at arm’s length, but the beauty of the music needs no translation.
Tres Cosas Molina's third disc envelops the listener from start to finish, even though the Argentinean's gentle voice wouldn't wake a sleeping toddler. A...Tres CosasFolk, Indie Rock, Electronic Molina's third disc envelops the listener from start to finish, even though the Argentinean's gentle voice wouldn't wake a sleeping toddler. A...2004-06-04
Genre: Folk, Indie Rock, Electronic; Lead Performer: Juana Molina; Producer (group): Domino
Posted June 4 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!