Mohr has written a self-critical as well as vengeful book about being miserable for two years on ”Saturday Night Live” called Gasping for Airtime. Hired as a writer and ”featured performer” during the ”SNL” heyday of Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, and Mike Myers, Mohr complains he never felt accepted or got enough on-camera time. Sometimes, his details about the closed-club atmosphere of the show provoke our sympathy, as do his admissions of excessive drinking and panic attacks. His descriptions of Al Franken, Rob Schneider, and Ellen Cleghorne as jerks and of an excellent fistfight between Norm Macdonald and a staff writer contribute to ”SNL” bad-behavior legend – no small feat. And it takes either a big man or a guy trying to sell books to admit he stole another comedian’s routine out of desperation. His public contrition here is almost convincing.
Gasping for AirtimeMohr has written a self-critical as well as vengeful book about being miserable for two years on ''Saturday Night Live'' called Gasping for AirtimeGasping for AirtimeNonfictionJay MohrMohr has written a self-critical as well as vengeful book about being miserable for two years on ''Saturday Night Live'' called Gasping for Airtime2004-06-11Hyperion
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Jay Mohr; Publisher: Hyperion
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!