You’ve gotta admire a spunky 8-year-old who wears clashing sneakers, bunks in a flower cart, and gets away with everything – becoming a dog groomer, crashing the Chicago Cubs’ dugout – by flashing a cutesy-poo smile (Well, at least ”I” admired her). Sadly, 20 years later, the Punky Brewster Power is lost: With its campy story lines and the orphan’s emotional neediness, the show comes off as more grating than heartwarming. EXTRAS We’ve been Punk’d – Penelope ”Punky” Brewster (Frye) is a no-show! But resident snob Margaux (Ami Foster) joins Cherie Johnson for a giggly trip down memory lane. And the real topper is the blink-and-you’ll-miss-it animated series, ”It’s Punky Brewster.” Let’s hear it for Glomer!
Punky Brewster -- Season One You've gotta admire a spunky 8-year-old who wears clashing sneakers, bunks in a flower cart, and gets away with everything -- becoming a dog groomer,...Punky Brewster -- Season OneUnrated You've gotta admire a spunky 8-year-old who wears clashing sneakers, bunks in a flower cart, and gets away with everything -- becoming a dog groomer,...2004-06-11Ami Foster
Starring: Soleil Moon Frye, George Gaynes; Starring: Ami Foster; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' earns $187.7M at weekend box office, second-best U.S. debut ever
- Spice Girls reunite at David Beckham's birthday
- 'Dances With Wolves' writer Michael Blake dies
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquiao fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' bosses on 'an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!