You’ve gotta admire a spunky 8-year-old who wears clashing sneakers, bunks in a flower cart, and gets away with everything – becoming a dog groomer, crashing the Chicago Cubs’ dugout – by flashing a cutesy-poo smile (Well, at least ”I” admired her). Sadly, 20 years later, the Punky Brewster Power is lost: With its campy story lines and the orphan’s emotional neediness, the show comes off as more grating than heartwarming. EXTRAS We’ve been Punk’d – Penelope ”Punky” Brewster (Frye) is a no-show! But resident snob Margaux (Ami Foster) joins Cherie Johnson for a giggly trip down memory lane. And the real topper is the blink-and-you’ll-miss-it animated series, ”It’s Punky Brewster.” Let’s hear it for Glomer!
Punky Brewster -- Season One You've gotta admire a spunky 8-year-old who wears clashing sneakers, bunks in a flower cart, and gets away with everything -- becoming a dog groomer,...Punky Brewster -- Season OneUnrated You've gotta admire a spunky 8-year-old who wears clashing sneakers, bunks in a flower cart, and gets away with everything -- becoming a dog groomer,...2004-06-11Ami Foster
Starring: Soleil Moon Frye, George Gaynes; Starring: Ami Foster; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted June 11 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Idris Elba prepares a child soldier for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!