You’ve gotta admire a spunky 8-year-old who wears clashing sneakers, bunks in a flower cart, and gets away with everything – becoming a dog groomer, crashing the Chicago Cubs’ dugout – by flashing a cutesy-poo smile (Well, at least ”I” admired her). Sadly, 20 years later, the Punky Brewster Power is lost: With its campy story lines and the orphan’s emotional neediness, the show comes off as more grating than heartwarming. EXTRAS We’ve been Punk’d – Penelope ”Punky” Brewster (Frye) is a no-show! But resident snob Margaux (Ami Foster) joins Cherie Johnson for a giggly trip down memory lane. And the real topper is the blink-and-you’ll-miss-it animated series, ”It’s Punky Brewster.” Let’s hear it for Glomer!
Punky Brewster -- Season One You've gotta admire a spunky 8-year-old who wears clashing sneakers, bunks in a flower cart, and gets away with everything -- becoming a dog groomer,...Punky Brewster -- Season OneUnrated You've gotta admire a spunky 8-year-old who wears clashing sneakers, bunks in a flower cart, and gets away with everything -- becoming a dog groomer,...2004-06-11Ami Foster
Starring: Soleil Moon Frye, George Gaynes; Starring: Ami Foster; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted June 11 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!