As on her TV series, vampire slayer Buffy isn’t easily killed and may even come back from the dead. TV Guide reports in its upcoming issue that ”Buffy” creator Joss Whedon is preparing a cartoon version of the beloved series, with much of the live-action cast returning to voice their roles, including Alyson Hannigan (Willow), Nicholas Brendon (Xander), and Anthony Stewart Head (Giles). No, Sarah Michelle Gellar isn’t returning as Buffy, but Whedon plans to use another familiar voice, that of Giselle Loren, known to fans as the voice of Buffy in the video games. No word yet on when or where the animated Buffy will resurface, but whenever and wherever it happens, she’ll probably be pretty peeved.
Posted June 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New Music Friday: 8 releases you need to hear now
- Steven Yeun already has a new gig after 'The Walking Dead'
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'Tracey Ullman's Show' premieres
- Lady Gaga changes lyrics to ‘Trayvon Angel’ at final Dive Bar Tour set
- Classic horror movies get the David S. Pumpkins treatment
- 'Bye Bye Birdie' starring Jennifer Lopez is NBC’s next live musical
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' stars on that surprising hookup