Stateside Britney Spears fans won’t be able to check into her Onyx Hotel anytime soon. Due to a knee injury the 22-year-old suffered last week, she’s been forced to scrap the entire American leg of her Onyx Hotel Tour, which was to have run from June 22 to August 15. Spears, who hurt her knee during a video shoot last week and had to undergo arthroscopic surgery, may need up to four months to recuperate, according to a statement issued by her label, Jive Records. She’ll have to stay off her feet for six weeks with her knee in a hard brace, followed by eight to 12 weeks of physical rehabilitation. That’ll be enough to miss visits to all 36 cities scheduled on her tour, though Jive said the singer ”hopes to revisit those cities in the future.”
Posted June 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Welcome to Sweden' canceled by NBC
- Kung Fu Panda 3 filmmaker explains why Kai is the series' first supernatural villain
- Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige to star in NBC's The Wiz
- Marvel's Jessica Jones is 'incredibly flawed'
- Want to buy Jesse's 'Breaking Bad' house?
- 'Outlander' exclusive: King Louis XV cast for season 2
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!