Italian writer Remmert’s second novel chronicles the fascinating exploits of Milo and Vittorio, truffatori (con men) who drink beer, dispense dime-store dogma, and eke out a few thousand lire by pushing aspirin disguised as Ecstasy. ”Come on, gentle readers,” Vittorio reasons, ”the world is an open pit of minor deceits, swindles, fiddles, scams and aggravated frauds.” Naturally, the two tire of small-time trickery and enlist Uncle Grissino to craft the ”Big C” – which involves peddling magic powder to horoscope-hungry fools and creating a fake courier service called Bulls on Wheels. The author has a knack for the wonderfully bizarre: naming a character Uncle Breadstick, turning one scene into a videogame, tracing a day from the POV of Vittorio’s rear end. Remmert’s ingenuity so thoroughly takes us in, the truffatori would be proud.
The Ballad of the Low Lifes Italian writer Remmert's second novel chronicles the fascinating exploits of Milo and Vittorio, truffatori (con men) who drink beer, dispense dime...The Ballad of the Low LifesFictionEnrico Remmert Italian writer Remmert's second novel chronicles the fascinating exploits of Milo and Vittorio, truffatori (con men) who drink beer, dispense dime...2004-06-18
Genre: Fiction; Author: Enrico Remmert
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- ‘Concussion’ director: Film not ‘intended to take down the NFL’
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- There is no new novel in Harper Lee's deposit box, despite rumors
- Whedon fave on 'Bloodsucking Bastards' (and why he wants to be killed by Thor)
- Syfy renews 'Dark Matter' and 'Killjoys' for second seasons
- David Lagercrantz reveals what it's like to take over the 'Dragon Tattoo' series
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!