Say what you will about Vin Diesel’s acting – the guy sure knows how to make a memorable videogame. ”Butcher Bay”, produced by and featuring the voice of Diesel, plays out as a prequel to the new ”Riddick” film. Set in an ”Oz”-like prison, the first-person shooter has you rocking the jailhouse by sneaking around in the darkness and offing guards, inmates, and aliens. The gameplay is solid if a bit unpolished, but the awe-inspiring 3-D graphics – the best yet seen on the Xbox – are what ultimately makes this adventure shine brighter than Riddick’s eyes. The curse of bad movie-themed videogames is officially over.
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How Ann Coulter hijacked the Rob Lowe roast
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good