Say what you will about Vin Diesel’s acting – the guy sure knows how to make a memorable videogame. ”Butcher Bay”, produced by and featuring the voice of Diesel, plays out as a prequel to the new ”Riddick” film. Set in an ”Oz”-like prison, the first-person shooter has you rocking the jailhouse by sneaking around in the darkness and offing guards, inmates, and aliens. The gameplay is solid if a bit unpolished, but the awe-inspiring 3-D graphics – the best yet seen on the Xbox – are what ultimately makes this adventure shine brighter than Riddick’s eyes. The curse of bad movie-themed videogames is officially over.
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!