Say what you will about Vin Diesel’s acting – the guy sure knows how to make a memorable videogame. ”Butcher Bay”, produced by and featuring the voice of Diesel, plays out as a prequel to the new ”Riddick” film. Set in an ”Oz”-like prison, the first-person shooter has you rocking the jailhouse by sneaking around in the darkness and offing guards, inmates, and aliens. The gameplay is solid if a bit unpolished, but the awe-inspiring 3-D graphics – the best yet seen on the Xbox – are what ultimately makes this adventure shine brighter than Riddick’s eyes. The curse of bad movie-themed videogames is officially over.
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt