Say what you will about Vin Diesel’s acting – the guy sure knows how to make a memorable videogame. ”Butcher Bay”, produced by and featuring the voice of Diesel, plays out as a prequel to the new ”Riddick” film. Set in an ”Oz”-like prison, the first-person shooter has you rocking the jailhouse by sneaking around in the darkness and offing guards, inmates, and aliens. The gameplay is solid if a bit unpolished, but the awe-inspiring 3-D graphics – the best yet seen on the Xbox – are what ultimately makes this adventure shine brighter than Riddick’s eyes. The curse of bad movie-themed videogames is officially over.
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play rock and roll innovator Sam Phillips
- 'Teen Wolf' cast added to EW PopFest lineup