Say what you will about Vin Diesel’s acting – the guy sure knows how to make a memorable videogame. ”Butcher Bay”, produced by and featuring the voice of Diesel, plays out as a prequel to the new ”Riddick” film. Set in an ”Oz”-like prison, the first-person shooter has you rocking the jailhouse by sneaking around in the darkness and offing guards, inmates, and aliens. The gameplay is solid if a bit unpolished, but the awe-inspiring 3-D graphics – the best yet seen on the Xbox – are what ultimately makes this adventure shine brighter than Riddick’s eyes. The curse of bad movie-themed videogames is officially over.
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Wayward Pines' exec producer Chad Hodge explains Ethan's evolution
- 'Graceland' costar Vanessa Ferlito breaks down 'Chester Cheeto' and Charlie's big lie
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover