HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN The first movie in the series with real fear and wonder in its bones. Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) faces down assorted foes, and he also has interludes of jaunty rapture, like his soaring king-of-the-world flight aboard a Hippo-griff. Director Alfonso Cuaron gets J.K. Rowlings’ droll, enchanted offhandedness on screen.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy; Starring: Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Robbie Coltrane, Michael Gambon, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, David Thewlis, Emma Thompson; Director: Alfonso Cuaron; Author: Steven Kloves; Release Date Wide: 06/04/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 141; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lil Wayne debuts his 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- Taylor Swift, Jimmy Fallon, more celebs spend July 4 on Instagram, Twitter
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!