Got a wife and kid to feed, bills to pay – a fella’s got to make ends meet. So when all else fails, there’s always henching. After all, behind every supervillain there’s a crew of regular schmoes waiting to do his bidding, pull down a check, and crawl into bed. Writer Adam Beechen and artist Manny Bello paint a funny, knowing, and rather poignant portrait of such a guy: Mike, an ex-jock who opts for a life of crime because he’s got nothing else to opt for. And so we follow Mike as he serves as muscle for criminals like the Red Baroness, the Cosmonaut, and Hellbent. ”I was just following orders” might never be a good excuse, but it sure makes for fun reading.
Hench Got a wife and kid to feed, bills to pay -- a fella's got to make ends meet. So when all else fails, there's always henching. After all, behind every...Hench Got a wife and kid to feed, bills to pay -- a fella's got to make ends meet. So when all else fails, there's always henching. After all, behind every...2004-06-18
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- One Direction address Zayn Malik's exit: 'It's far from over'
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!