In ”Revolver”, you play Red, a gunslinger seeking his family’s killers in an Old West setting straight out of ”A Fistful of Dollars.” The action is engaging (and short – you can finish the game in one night) and includes a special slo-mo shooting move – more ”Matrix” than ”High Noon” – that has become a Rockstar staple. But the game misses its mark: Instead of the gritty, scrub-brush humor of a Sergio Leone pic, ”Revolver” feels like a rootin’-tootin’ Disneyland ride. Take away the gore, the whores, and the foe who pulls a machine gun from the coffin strapped to his back, and Red wouldn’t last an hour in Dodge.
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- Everything Hannibal wore on 'Hannibal'
- Jeff Probst on the players he is surprised did not get voted into 'Survivor'
- Justin Timberlake and Jonathan Demme are making a 'space age music film'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!