Little things mean a lot in writer-director Tom McCarthy’s delightful relationship drama about disparate people who connect through an abandoned New Jersey train depot. The Station Agent centers on dry-humored train enthusiast and dwarf Fin (Peter Dinklage), hunky Latino hot dog vendor Joe (Bobby Cannavale), and scatterbrained artist Olivia (Patricia Clarkson), but the entire SAG award-nominated cast enlivens McCarthy’s nuanced script with their actions as much as their words. One scene calls for budding pals Fin, Joe, and Olivia to share beef jerky during a summer walk. Another finds Joe trying in vain to share solitary Fin’s footrest. They’re a curious, embraceable bunch whose chemistry feels contagious… EXTRAS …as the commentary track makes radiantly clear. The director and cast chat enthusiastically about Clarkson’s naturally rosy lips, Cannavale’s improvised dialogue, and Dinklage’s intrepid train chasing, from a lawn chair strapped inside Joe’s hot dog truck.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Bobby Cannavale, Patricia Clarkson, Peter Dinklage, Raven Goodwin, Michelle Williams; Director: Thomas McCarthy; Author: Thomas McCarthy; Release Date Wide: 10/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!