Little things mean a lot in writer-director Tom McCarthy’s delightful relationship drama about disparate people who connect through an abandoned New Jersey train depot. The Station Agent centers on dry-humored train enthusiast and dwarf Fin (Peter Dinklage), hunky Latino hot dog vendor Joe (Bobby Cannavale), and scatterbrained artist Olivia (Patricia Clarkson), but the entire SAG award-nominated cast enlivens McCarthy’s nuanced script with their actions as much as their words. One scene calls for budding pals Fin, Joe, and Olivia to share beef jerky during a summer walk. Another finds Joe trying in vain to share solitary Fin’s footrest. They’re a curious, embraceable bunch whose chemistry feels contagious… EXTRAS …as the commentary track makes radiantly clear. The director and cast chat enthusiastically about Clarkson’s naturally rosy lips, Cannavale’s improvised dialogue, and Dinklage’s intrepid train chasing, from a lawn chair strapped inside Joe’s hot dog truck.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Bobby Cannavale, Patricia Clarkson, Peter Dinklage, Raven Goodwin, Michelle Williams; Director: Thomas McCarthy; Author: Thomas McCarthy; Release Date Limited: 10/03/2003; Release Date Wide: 10/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Conan O'Brien used 'Hamilton' to help explain Trump victory to upset kids
- Veteran character actress Alice Drummond dies at 88
- Canadian police apologize to Nickelback for drunk driving joke
- 'Aquaman' movie lands fall 2018 release date
- Lauren Graham says she may not watch the 'Gilmore Girls' revival
- Terry Crews, Dave Coulier, Shaq design ugly Christmas sweaters
- See Jennifer Lawrence's seventh grade yearbook superlative
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big