Where does ”Fight Club”’s author find his twisted inspiration? This grab bag of barely edited nonfiction pieces called ”Stranger Than Fiction” holds the soporific answer. The topics amble from a depressing hospice to a sweaty Greco-Roman wrestling match; even a Juliette Lewis portrait lacks decent repartee. Chapters about Palahniuk’s murderous grandfather and his fondness for Brad Pitt’s lips should sate biographical completists. Everyone else will wonder why Palahniuk is more obsessed with his first novel than his next.
Stranger Than FictionWhere does ''Fight Club'''s author find his twisted inspiration? This grab bag of barely edited nonfiction pieces called ''Stranger Than Fiction'' holds...Stranger Than FictionNonfictionChuck PalahniukWhere does ''Fight Club'''s author find his twisted inspiration? This grab bag of barely edited nonfiction pieces called ''Stranger Than Fiction'' holds...2004-06-18Doubleday
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Chuck Palahniuk; Publisher: Doubleday
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake onstage for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!