Where does ”Fight Club”’s author find his twisted inspiration? This grab bag of barely edited nonfiction pieces called ”Stranger Than Fiction” holds the soporific answer. The topics amble from a depressing hospice to a sweaty Greco-Roman wrestling match; even a Juliette Lewis portrait lacks decent repartee. Chapters about Palahniuk’s murderous grandfather and his fondness for Brad Pitt’s lips should sate biographical completists. Everyone else will wonder why Palahniuk is more obsessed with his first novel than his next.
Stranger Than FictionWhere does ''Fight Club'''s author find his twisted inspiration? This grab bag of barely edited nonfiction pieces called ''Stranger Than Fiction'' holds...Stranger Than FictionNonfictionChuck PalahniukWhere does ''Fight Club'''s author find his twisted inspiration? This grab bag of barely edited nonfiction pieces called ''Stranger Than Fiction'' holds...2004-06-18Doubleday
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Chuck Palahniuk; Publisher: Doubleday
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- Joni Mitchell's attorney recomments permanent conservator
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!