Our favorite robots in disguise celebrate their 20th anniversary in style with an energetic title that belies the mileage on their odometers. Officially, the task at hand (or wheel?) is to control one of three Autobus, including leader Optimus Prime, and to scour the planet for a race of long-lost Transformers called Mini-Cons before Megatron and his Decepticons find them. The backstory, naturally, is an unabashed smoke screen for making nuts and bolts of the bad guys with some fearsome firepower, which becomes even more potent after using a few Mini-Cons to upgrade your arsenal. To its credit, this shooter never loses sight that it’s a Transformers game: Some areas are inaccessible unless you morph your ‘bot into a vehicle. Best of all, scattered throughout are bonus items that offer nostalgic winks to the franchise, including the theme song of the ’80s TV show. After two decades, there’s no rust on these Transformers.
Posted June 18 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- New York Film Festival: Carrie Fisher film joins documentary lineup
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Gerard Butler brings 'depth and heart' to 'The Headhunter’s Calling'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...