An illness took Jessica Simpson’s breath away, temporarily derailing her summer concert tour. Three hours before a scheduled concert in Providence, R.I., on Tuesday, Simpson called in sick, citing a kidney infection, a Columbia Records publicist told reporters. After being treated at and released from a local hospital, the 23-year-old ”Newlyweds” star was expected to be well enough to perform on Wednesday as scheduled in Manchester, N.H., the Boston Globe reported. In a statement, Simpson said: ”I’m having the best time doing this tour and I’m so disappointed that I have to miss tonight’s show. I appreciate everyone’s get-well wishes and, as soon as my doctor says it’s okay, I’ll be back on stage, doing what I love. I hope to see my fans in Rhode Island soon.” Providence ticketholders were told that their tickets would be honored at a make-up concert that is yet to be scheduled.
Posted June 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Leonard Nimoy's legacy: A long and prosperous life remembered
- Entertainment Geekly: Leonard Nimoy and the importance of being Spock
- 'Once Upon a Time': Will Emma go evil?
- 'Lost' alum Terry O’Quinn to star in ABC's 'The Adversaries' pilot
- MTV renews 'Are You the One?,' 'The Challenge,' orders two new series
- Kelly Osbourne is leaving E!'s Fashion Police
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming