An illness took Jessica Simpson’s breath away, temporarily derailing her summer concert tour. Three hours before a scheduled concert in Providence, R.I., on Tuesday, Simpson called in sick, citing a kidney infection, a Columbia Records publicist told reporters. After being treated at and released from a local hospital, the 23-year-old ”Newlyweds” star was expected to be well enough to perform on Wednesday as scheduled in Manchester, N.H., the Boston Globe reported. In a statement, Simpson said: ”I’m having the best time doing this tour and I’m so disappointed that I have to miss tonight’s show. I appreciate everyone’s get-well wishes and, as soon as my doctor says it’s okay, I’ll be back on stage, doing what I love. I hope to see my fans in Rhode Island soon.” Providence ticketholders were told that their tickets would be honored at a make-up concert that is yet to be scheduled.
Posted June 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- VMAs 2016: Who will win?
- Carly Rae Jepsen teases new album after releasing 'E·MO·TION Side B'
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Jason Momoa now has his own Guinness beer
- When are the VMAs? And other burning questions answered!
- 'Documentary Now!': Laura Bell Bundy, Lennon Parham to guest-star
- Jimmy Kimmel pranks Kanye West fans with fake new Yeezys
- Hulu Hot List: The best book-to-screen adaptations