An illness took Jessica Simpson’s breath away, temporarily derailing her summer concert tour. Three hours before a scheduled concert in Providence, R.I., on Tuesday, Simpson called in sick, citing a kidney infection, a Columbia Records publicist told reporters. After being treated at and released from a local hospital, the 23-year-old ”Newlyweds” star was expected to be well enough to perform on Wednesday as scheduled in Manchester, N.H., the Boston Globe reported. In a statement, Simpson said: ”I’m having the best time doing this tour and I’m so disappointed that I have to miss tonight’s show. I appreciate everyone’s get-well wishes and, as soon as my doctor says it’s okay, I’ll be back on stage, doing what I love. I hope to see my fans in Rhode Island soon.” Providence ticketholders were told that their tickets would be honored at a make-up concert that is yet to be scheduled.
Posted June 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rambo TV series in the works at Fox
- Best of 2015 (Behind the Scenes): Patrick Dempsey says goodbye to McDreamy
- Aziz Ansari on the diversity in 'Master of None': 'That's kind of my reality'
- Carrie Underwood trots barefoot through the woods in new video for 'Heartbeat'
- Luke Bryan, Demi Lovato, Wiz Khalifa, and Charlie Puth to perform on 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve'
- The Killers release 10th annual Christmas single, 'Dirt Sledding'
- Logo to kick off 'Happy Holigays' with a 'RuPaul's Drag Race' holiday special