An illness took Jessica Simpson’s breath away, temporarily derailing her summer concert tour. Three hours before a scheduled concert in Providence, R.I., on Tuesday, Simpson called in sick, citing a kidney infection, a Columbia Records publicist told reporters. After being treated at and released from a local hospital, the 23-year-old ”Newlyweds” star was expected to be well enough to perform on Wednesday as scheduled in Manchester, N.H., the Boston Globe reported. In a statement, Simpson said: ”I’m having the best time doing this tour and I’m so disappointed that I have to miss tonight’s show. I appreciate everyone’s get-well wishes and, as soon as my doctor says it’s okay, I’ll be back on stage, doing what I love. I hope to see my fans in Rhode Island soon.” Providence ticketholders were told that their tickets would be honored at a make-up concert that is yet to be scheduled.
Posted June 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!