Gary Oldman is the go-to guy for screen villains, and now, it looks like Lucasfilm may have gone to him to cast the role of a much-anticipated villain in ”Star Wars: Episode III.” Oldman’s manager, Douglas Urbanski, confirmed to EW.com that Oldman is in talks to voice the role of General Grievous, leader of the Separatist clone armies who are fighting the Jedi-led troops of the galactic Republic in the upcoming movie. (Like Darth Vader, Grievous is a part-mechanical character who wears a prosthetic mask, making it possible for George Lucas to have already shot his scenes and to add the voice later.) Lucasfilm spokesperson Lynne Hale declined to comment on the possible casting, telling EW.com it was only a rumor ”at this point.” But Urbanski said that Oldman would play the role ”if he can find the time,” noting that the actor still has to finish filming ”Batman Begins” (in which he plays Jim Gordon, Batman’s friend on the Gotham City police force). Plus, he’s due to film ”The Longest Yard” opposite Adam Sandler later this year, which will see him playing a prison warden. Meanwhile, Lucas is in post-production on ”Episode III,” which is scheduled for release next May.
(Gary Oldman: Joe Cavaretta/AP)
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!