MUSTWORTHINESS The ethereal, witty, sounds-Southern-but-she-ain’t, gay-friendly (rent ”Longtime Companion” now!) Golden Globe and Tony winner straddles more genres than anyone on this list. And she improves everything she’s a part of, including HBO’s ”Angels in America,” Broadway’s ”Proof,” and this year’s interminable Golden Globes ceremony (when she thanked her newborn son for her own set of golden globes).
TONY OR GOLDEN GLOBE ”I’ll take any trophy. I don’t care what it says on it.”
TOUCHED BY ANGELS ”I couldn’t believe I got the part of Harper,” Parker says. ”When my agent and manager told me I was doing it, I actually got mad. I actually got mad! I was completely depressed because I didn’t think there was any way in hell I would get it. It’s the only part I wanted that badly that I actually got in my career.”
ON HER MUST LIST Kate Winslet: ”She’s gifted, and not showy” (we think so too – see No. 10); and Ellen DeGeneres: ”She’s cool, but there’s nothing bitchy about her.”
SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST ”Mandy Moore is like my new little sister,” says Parker of her costar in ”Saved!” and John Turturro’s upcoming ”Romance & Cigarettes.”
NEXT The Lifetime movie ”Miracle Run;” a revival of ”Reckless” on Broadway in September.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch 'The Daily Show' transform Donald Trump quotes into a rap song
- Drake reveals why he cut Kanye West and Jay Z verse from his new album
- Ranking the endings of every 'Fast & Furious' film
- Mandy Moore posts throwback picture from 'A Walk to Remember'
- WATCH: Geena Davis originally wanted to play Louise in 'Thelma & Louise'
- Remembering Prince: 1958-2016
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Karin Slaughter's 'The Kept Woman'