MUSTWORTHINESS The ethereal, witty, sounds-Southern-but-she-ain’t, gay-friendly (rent ”Longtime Companion” now!) Golden Globe and Tony winner straddles more genres than anyone on this list. And she improves everything she’s a part of, including HBO’s ”Angels in America,” Broadway’s ”Proof,” and this year’s interminable Golden Globes ceremony (when she thanked her newborn son for her own set of golden globes).
TONY OR GOLDEN GLOBE ”I’ll take any trophy. I don’t care what it says on it.”
TOUCHED BY ANGELS ”I couldn’t believe I got the part of Harper,” Parker says. ”When my agent and manager told me I was doing it, I actually got mad. I actually got mad! I was completely depressed because I didn’t think there was any way in hell I would get it. It’s the only part I wanted that badly that I actually got in my career.”
ON HER MUST LIST Kate Winslet: ”She’s gifted, and not showy” (we think so too – see No. 10); and Ellen DeGeneres: ”She’s cool, but there’s nothing bitchy about her.”
SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST ”Mandy Moore is like my new little sister,” says Parker of her costar in ”Saved!” and John Turturro’s upcoming ”Romance & Cigarettes.”
NEXT The Lifetime movie ”Miracle Run;” a revival of ”Reckless” on Broadway in September.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'Revenge' star Emily VanCamp returns for 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Jennifer Love Hewitt not returning to 'Criminal Minds': EW exclusive
- 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' and 'Barbershop 3' given 2016 release dates
- 'Mindy Project' axed at Fox; hope at Hulu?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Julie Plec on how to make the perfect finale (when Nina Dobrev is leaving)
- 'Last Man Standing' replaces showrunner
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!