MUSTWORTHINESS The ethereal, witty, sounds-Southern-but-she-ain’t, gay-friendly (rent ”Longtime Companion” now!) Golden Globe and Tony winner straddles more genres than anyone on this list. And she improves everything she’s a part of, including HBO’s ”Angels in America,” Broadway’s ”Proof,” and this year’s interminable Golden Globes ceremony (when she thanked her newborn son for her own set of golden globes).
TONY OR GOLDEN GLOBE ”I’ll take any trophy. I don’t care what it says on it.”
TOUCHED BY ANGELS ”I couldn’t believe I got the part of Harper,” Parker says. ”When my agent and manager told me I was doing it, I actually got mad. I actually got mad! I was completely depressed because I didn’t think there was any way in hell I would get it. It’s the only part I wanted that badly that I actually got in my career.”
ON HER MUST LIST Kate Winslet: ”She’s gifted, and not showy” (we think so too – see No. 10); and Ellen DeGeneres: ”She’s cool, but there’s nothing bitchy about her.”
SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST ”Mandy Moore is like my new little sister,” says Parker of her costar in ”Saved!” and John Turturro’s upcoming ”Romance & Cigarettes.”
NEXT The Lifetime movie ”Miracle Run;” a revival of ”Reckless” on Broadway in September.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift brought her 'Bad Blood' squad to the VMAs red carpet
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- Netflix will lose 'Catching Fire,' 'Transformers' at the end of September
- See the 'Man of Steel' trailer get the 'Deadpool' treatment
- See 'Game of Thrones' fans visit filming locations around the world
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!