MUSTWORTHINESS She stole hearts as the rash romantic Clementine Kruczynski in ”Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” and will break them as a single mum whose four boys inspire the Peter Pan author in ”J.M. Barrie’s Neverland,” out in October.
PETER PANACEA ”Never growing up – what a wonderful concept. Wouldn’t it be amazing to be a child all your life and fight with red Indians and fly through the air? How cool!”
WEIGHTY MATTERS ”There are times when I’m asked about the whole weight issue and I kind of yawn because I’ve been talking about it for so long now. But I don’t really tire of it. I’m very respectful of this position I seem to have given myself.”
ON HER MUST LIST Meryl Streep. ”I just think she’s completely extraordinary and at the risk of sounding like a pathetic fan, I just have tremendous respect for her work.”
AND ALSO ”I really want to see ”Harry Potter.” My daughter keeps asking to see it, but she’s only 3 1/2 so I’ve said a very firm no.”
MY HUSBAND, MY DIRECTOR ”[Sam Mendes and I] haven’t made any plans to work together, but I’m sure we will at some stage. I have to say, I wouldn’t be nervous at all; I would really just love it. I think we both would.”
CAREER HIGH Making ”Eternal Sunshine,” because ”it’s a crazy, fantastic movie and Michel Gondry is a completely brilliant, brilliant director…. It’s the type of movie that I would go see, and I don’t know that I’ve felt that so strongly before.”
NEXT The mother of two (Mia and Joe, 5 months) just wrapped the ”crazy, fantastic musical comedy” ”Romance & Cigarettes” (”I play Tula, a hot, redheaded hussy who has an affair with James Gandolfini’s character and is desperate for love”) and will begin shooting Woody Allen’s new movie in July.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Loretta Devine talks gender-bending role
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on that shocking casualty
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing