MUSTWORTHINESS Because he’s turned ”Arrested Development”’s wack-job magician Gob (pronounced like the biblical sufferer) into the most intriguingly deluded character in prime time.
WAS THE MAGIC INSIDE YOU ALL ALONG AND YOU JUST DIDN’T KNOW IT? ”I remember first meeting with Mitch on the show and he said, ‘You’ve got to let it out,’ and I said, ‘I don’t want to do it,’ and he said, ‘Noblesse oblige.’ And I realized I did have an obligation to the rest of the world to let my magic out. Thank God the French have an expression for it.”
ON HIS MUST LIST The English comedy ”Withnail & I.” ”There’s not a wasted moment in that film – which is the complete opposite of my life, which is a series of wasted moments interrupted by phone calls.”
MOST AWKWARD CELEBRITY ENCOUNTER HE EVER WITNESSED ”I was at Barneys and Bruce Springsteen was ahead of me in line, and he says to the guy behind the counter, ‘I’d like to put this on my account.’ The guy picks up the phone and says, ‘I have Rick Springfield here and he’d like to put some stuff on his account.’ No joke.”
NEXT Season 2 of ”Arrested”; playing Maggie Gyllenhaal’s metrosexual husband in ”The Great New Wonderful”; a supporting role in the J. Lo flick ”Monster-in-Law.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Game of Thrones,' 'SHIELD,' 'Arrow' and more
- Gone Girl writer Gillian Flynn to collaborate with Steve McQueen on heist thriller
- 'Sherlock' season 4 details: 'Frightening, tough, emotional upheaval'
- 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone' illustrated edition cover art revealed
- 'Castle' sneak peek: Did Beckett and Castle just dig their own graves?
- Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst reminds everyone he is not Robert Durst
- Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool...on a bearskin rug: 'With great power, comes great irresponsibility'
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!