MUSTWORTHINESS Because he’s turned ”Arrested Development”’s wack-job magician Gob (pronounced like the biblical sufferer) into the most intriguingly deluded character in prime time.
WAS THE MAGIC INSIDE YOU ALL ALONG AND YOU JUST DIDN’T KNOW IT? ”I remember first meeting with Mitch on the show and he said, ‘You’ve got to let it out,’ and I said, ‘I don’t want to do it,’ and he said, ‘Noblesse oblige.’ And I realized I did have an obligation to the rest of the world to let my magic out. Thank God the French have an expression for it.”
ON HIS MUST LIST The English comedy ”Withnail & I.” ”There’s not a wasted moment in that film – which is the complete opposite of my life, which is a series of wasted moments interrupted by phone calls.”
MOST AWKWARD CELEBRITY ENCOUNTER HE EVER WITNESSED ”I was at Barneys and Bruce Springsteen was ahead of me in line, and he says to the guy behind the counter, ‘I’d like to put this on my account.’ The guy picks up the phone and says, ‘I have Rick Springfield here and he’d like to put some stuff on his account.’ No joke.”
NEXT Season 2 of ”Arrested”; playing Maggie Gyllenhaal’s metrosexual husband in ”The Great New Wonderful”; a supporting role in the J. Lo flick ”Monster-in-Law.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More