MUSTWORTHINESS Because he’s turned ”Arrested Development”’s wack-job magician Gob (pronounced like the biblical sufferer) into the most intriguingly deluded character in prime time.
WAS THE MAGIC INSIDE YOU ALL ALONG AND YOU JUST DIDN’T KNOW IT? ”I remember first meeting with Mitch on the show and he said, ‘You’ve got to let it out,’ and I said, ‘I don’t want to do it,’ and he said, ‘Noblesse oblige.’ And I realized I did have an obligation to the rest of the world to let my magic out. Thank God the French have an expression for it.”
ON HIS MUST LIST The English comedy ”Withnail & I.” ”There’s not a wasted moment in that film – which is the complete opposite of my life, which is a series of wasted moments interrupted by phone calls.”
MOST AWKWARD CELEBRITY ENCOUNTER HE EVER WITNESSED ”I was at Barneys and Bruce Springsteen was ahead of me in line, and he says to the guy behind the counter, ‘I’d like to put this on my account.’ The guy picks up the phone and says, ‘I have Rick Springfield here and he’d like to put some stuff on his account.’ No joke.”
NEXT Season 2 of ”Arrested”; playing Maggie Gyllenhaal’s metrosexual husband in ”The Great New Wonderful”; a supporting role in the J. Lo flick ”Monster-in-Law.”
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Action Bronson removed from main stage of NXNE in wake of petition
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Lifetime's 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe' is hardly revealing
- 'Splatoon' impressions: The surprising fun of Nintendo's new shooter
- Jessica Hopper on 'planting a flag' with her new collection of rock criticism
- Amy Schumer, Bill Hader helped Pete Davidson land 'Saturday Night Live'
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!