MUSTWORTHINESS He’s writing the season’s biggest event in superherodom: ”Identity Crisis,” a seven-issue comic-book series involving every major DC character from Batman to the Elongated Man. ”I want to explore the emotional cost of putting on a cape,” says Meltzer, whom you may also know from one of his five best-selling thrillers.
ON HIS MUST LIST ”[Muppet creator] Jim Henson – a visionary who didn’t care about money, only his unique concept of entertaining.”
WORST JOB Scooping Haagen-Dazs. ”If people were mean to me I’d break off the bottom of the cone so the ice cream would leak out after they walked away.”
NEXT The WB drama ”Jack & Bobby,” which he cocreated.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jimmy Kimmel late-night sketch to become reality show
- Goldie Hawn in talks to play Amy Schumer’s mother in upcoming comedy
- 'Deadpool' creators tease two post-credits scenes
- 'Supernatural' dominates EW's Fanuary bracket with most votes
- Samantha Bee's 5 best 'Daily Show' moments
- Pixies preview new music in video teaser
- Hugh Jackman reveals he's been treated again for skin cancer