MUSTWORTHINESS He’s writing the season’s biggest event in superherodom: ”Identity Crisis,” a seven-issue comic-book series involving every major DC character from Batman to the Elongated Man. ”I want to explore the emotional cost of putting on a cape,” says Meltzer, whom you may also know from one of his five best-selling thrillers.
ON HIS MUST LIST ”[Muppet creator] Jim Henson – a visionary who didn’t care about money, only his unique concept of entertaining.”
WORST JOB Scooping Haagen-Dazs. ”If people were mean to me I’d break off the bottom of the cone so the ice cream would leak out after they walked away.”
NEXT The WB drama ”Jack & Bobby,” which he cocreated.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Elmo Williams, Oscar-winning editor of 'High Noon,' dies at 102
- See Sylvester Stallone become Rocky in this ultimate training montage
- See Po uncover the Secret Panda Village in new 'Kung Fu Panda 3' clip
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year