MUSTWORTHINESS Nickelodeon’s teen-targeted offspring takes us back to our angstiest years (in a good way) with its signature series, ”Degrassi: The Next Generation;” its soapy reality show, ”Girls V. Boys;” and reruns of ”Daria” and ”My So-Called Life.” Thankfully, the channel switches over to preschooler fare during the day or we’d never leave our rooms.
CLAIM TO FAME ”Degrassi” is by far The N’s most popular show, and for good reason: The spin-off of the ’80s high school drama had been interweaving parents’ (the original characters grown up!) and kids’ plotlines long before ”The O.C.” ”All the actors in the show are within a year of the characters’ ages,” says Sarah Tomassi Lindman, VP of programming. ”There are kids with bad skin. And they’re not all decked out in designer clothing.”
NEXT ”Girls V. Boys: Hawaii” and animated ”O’Grady” (about a high school plagued by supernatural phenomena); seasons 3 and 4 of ”Degrassi” in the summer and fall.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!