MUSTWORTHINESS The beloved, canceled series (‘99-03) about an astronaut trapped in another galaxy returns to Sci Fi Channel with the new miniseries ”Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars.”
HOW THE FANS BROUGHT BACK THE SHOW ”They really have been in everybody’s face – in an amazing way,” says exec producer Brian Henson. ”There were financiers that came to me because they heard about it from the fans, and that’s why this became possible.”
FINE, BUT WHAT HAPPENS? ”Everything we did was to find ways to make this story more epic, more compelling, more romantic,” says Henson. ”Crichton and Aeryn are reconstituted from their crystallized state very early. They’re now engaged, but then they find out that the galaxy has fallen into a huge intergalactic war between the Peacekeepers and the Scarrens.”
WHERE ELSE CAN FARSCAPE GO? ”This will bring this series to an end of a chapter,” hints Henson. ”But I don’t think any of us are ready to drop Farscape.”
NEXT The mini airs in October.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Seratones talk scuzzy debut: 'We have attitude problems'
- 'Xena: Warrior Princess': Why Xena and Gabrielle never got together
- RHCP, Alicia Keys: Grading the week's best (and worst) new singles
- Sharon Stone and James Corden make a rap video to help her find a date
- Kristen Bell opens up about dealing with depression and anxiety
- Selena Gomez’s 'Revival' tour: Why you won’t see her squad onstage
- Jamie Lee Curtis opens up about opiate addiction after Prince's death