MUSTWORTHINESS The beloved, canceled series (‘99-03) about an astronaut trapped in another galaxy returns to Sci Fi Channel with the new miniseries ”Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars.”
HOW THE FANS BROUGHT BACK THE SHOW ”They really have been in everybody’s face – in an amazing way,” says exec producer Brian Henson. ”There were financiers that came to me because they heard about it from the fans, and that’s why this became possible.”
FINE, BUT WHAT HAPPENS? ”Everything we did was to find ways to make this story more epic, more compelling, more romantic,” says Henson. ”Crichton and Aeryn are reconstituted from their crystallized state very early. They’re now engaged, but then they find out that the galaxy has fallen into a huge intergalactic war between the Peacekeepers and the Scarrens.”
WHERE ELSE CAN FARSCAPE GO? ”This will bring this series to an end of a chapter,” hints Henson. ”But I don’t think any of us are ready to drop Farscape.”
NEXT The mini airs in October.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters