MUSTWORTHINESS The beloved, canceled series (‘99-03) about an astronaut trapped in another galaxy returns to Sci Fi Channel with the new miniseries ”Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars.”
HOW THE FANS BROUGHT BACK THE SHOW ”They really have been in everybody’s face – in an amazing way,” says exec producer Brian Henson. ”There were financiers that came to me because they heard about it from the fans, and that’s why this became possible.”
FINE, BUT WHAT HAPPENS? ”Everything we did was to find ways to make this story more epic, more compelling, more romantic,” says Henson. ”Crichton and Aeryn are reconstituted from their crystallized state very early. They’re now engaged, but then they find out that the galaxy has fallen into a huge intergalactic war between the Peacekeepers and the Scarrens.”
WHERE ELSE CAN FARSCAPE GO? ”This will bring this series to an end of a chapter,” hints Henson. ”But I don’t think any of us are ready to drop Farscape.”
NEXT The mini airs in October.
Posted June 25 2004 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories
- 'Deadpool 2' loses director Tim Miller
- Steve Dillon, 'Preacher' comic book artist and co-creator, dies
- Adam Levine responds to sick teen's heartwarming Maroon 5 cover
- Tom Cruise addresses 'Top Gun 2' rumors: 'We're trying to figure it out'
- 'The Late Show': Stephen Colbert 'takes it to the streets' for interviews with New Yorkers